As most of you already know, Lou Reed passed away yesterday morning due to complications with his liver. It was a Sunday morning, and listen to the song "Sunday Morning" by him. It is just kind of freaking me out since I put together the thought that he may have written this about his own death. He says, "It's just the wasted years, so close your eyes." That could mean that he either felt like he wasted his years and is ready to die, or it could literally mean how he was wasted for many years and is ready to die now. "Watch out, the world's behind you. There's always someone around you," makes me believe that everything is past him, and he died in the presence of loved ones. "All the streets you crossed not so long ago." With this I believe he is talking about the crazy things he has done and the life he has led is now over, even though it was not so long ago. In addition to this, he died on a Sunday morning! Mark Twain correctly predicted his birth and death by Halley's comet, is it possible Lou Reed has done the same? Thoughts?

RIP Lou Reed
Don't get me wrong, I really like Lou Reed. But I never thought of him to be some sort of mastermind. The man just did alot of drugs.
Quote by Redsectoreh
Don't get me wrong, I really like Lou Reed. But I never thought of him to be some sort of mastermind. The man just did alot of drugs.

He always wanted to create imagery in his music like Shakespeare and James Joyce did with novels
Quote by Mr E Meat
foreshadowing

Yes thank you foreshadowing would be what he is creating here
lol kinda reminds me of how that bassist from weezer went on twitter and said he had a dream he died in a chicago hotel room and then had a heart attack in a chicago hotel room a week later and died

He had a one in seven chance of getting the day of the week right. You're digging for something that isn't there.
even if the song was about his own death, it's still just a coincidence.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by MinterMan22
lol kinda reminds me of how that bassist from weezer went on twitter and said he had a dream he died in a chicago hotel room and then had a heart attack in a chicago hotel room a week later and died

got to admit, that was pretty freaky.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Actually sunday "morning" is more specific. Considering morning, afternoon, and night, (assuming morning is from sunrise to afternoon) he had a 1/48 chance to get it right.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, what you're saying is...you smoked some weed and had a "revelation", TS?

He came tome in a dream
Bet he'd have felt like a bit of a prick if he'd died Saturday night
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by VelvetBananas
Mark Twain correctly predicted his birth and death by Halley's comet, is it possible Lou Reed has done the same?

lol wut?

How does one predict their own birth?

Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Last edited by kurt_cobain9 at Oct 28, 2013,
This thread reminds me of the Breaking Bad thread during the last season. You know, everyone seeing signs and clues where there were none.
Quote by Oyface
This thread reminds me of the Breaking Bad thread during the last season. You know, everyone seeing signs and clues where there were none.

pretty much this.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by Oyface

Quote by Mr E Meat
foreshadowing

^^
rip dane

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by LostLegion
Did Shakespeare make a lot of imagery? It seemed to be just dialogue.

Nt sur if srs
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
omg, he wrote "Perfect Day" and HE DIED ON A DAY

T A U G H T V I N C E G I L L I G A N E V E R Y T H I N G
HE K N O W S A B O U T F O R E S H A D O W I N G
Quote by deadsmileyface
but nico sings that song, not Lou

Lou wrote it, and on the studio version he sings it
Quote by LostLegion
Did Shakespeare make a lot of imagery? It seemed to be just dialogue.

"Thy soul was like a Star, and dwelt apart;
Thou hadst a voice whose sound was like the sea"
No imagery here!
"Sunday morning rain is falling"

Omg, once it was sunday and I woke up in the morning and IT WAS RAINING!
Maron 5 is genius and see future, omg!
Quote by angusfan16
RIP dome

dun duh duh-n-nuh

lu

dun duh duh-n-nuh

lu

dun duh duh-n-nuh

sucked

duh-nuh-nuh nud-nuh-nuh

what do you say
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.