What would be the difference in tone? I'll be buying a bare knuckle Nailbomb for distortion, and a bare knuckle Juggernaut for clean. I play a lot of metal, by the way.

I like my cleans very warm but with good highs still.
Examples: (Remove the spaces)
Intro - [forbidden link] .com/watch?v=de6VjUe0yNw

[forbidden link] .co.uk/main/downloads/soundclips/humbuckers/contemporary/juggernaut/juggernaut_-_clean_demo.mp3

When it comes to distortion, I like a bit of everything, but mostly good mid and highs (I like to leave most of the bass where it belongs... to the bassist :P)

The first video I posted might be a good enough example already, but here's another example just in case.

[forbidden link] .com/watch?v=sQ5-NbE09vo

So my main question here would be this: What would be the best pickup position for cleans, and for distortion? Neck, or bridge?
I personally prefer to play with the neck or middle position when using a clean tone. With distortion it depends on what I'm doing; If I'm playing rhythm i always prefer the bridge position, if I'm playing leads it's either or depending. If I want a smoother tone I'd use the neck, if I want more bite I'd go with the bridge.
what guitar, what amp, etc
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Since you're set on what you're buying already, flick the pickup toggle and just see what you like.

Remove V1 & V6. Put the 12AX7 from V1 into V6 and leave V1 empty. Try the vibrato channel.
Last edited by woad_yurt at Nov 1, 2013,
Quote by supergohan931
I personally prefer to play with the neck or middle position when using a clean tone. With distortion it depends on what I'm doing; If I'm playing rhythm i always prefer the bridge position, if I'm playing leads it's either or depending. If I want a smoother tone I'd use the neck, if I want more bite I'd go with the bridge.

agreed (though occasionally bridge if i want a brighter clean tone)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?