Hello internet people! I came up with some old school, pentatonic, groovy guitar playing. It's nothing hot shot but I've not post anything in a while so I guess I wanted to say hi Anyway C4C post your link.
Attachments:
try.gp5
Last edited by Craziork at Oct 29, 2013,
totally not what i was expecting lol

i was thinking it was going to be some cheesy "black label society" kind of pentatonic, but you meant the "feel"y kind of passionate soloing

the cool solo was too short. make it longer, it was pretty sweet
I'm glad you like it pAWNlol! I'll try to make it longer, it's really short indeed.
also man, id hold off on the "thank you" posts

theyre greatly appreciated, but im pretty sure theyre considered bumps

do what i do, throw them into the middle of a reply
Here's my 2 cents on the formatting and the sound of the music itself.

The time signature changes are rather unnecessary, it felt awkward. I'd advise that you stick with a constant time signature. To achieve that groove effect, a pickup bar could have just been used.

Another thing that is needless, is the 204 BPM. This indicates prestissimo, which means hella fast. If I half the tempo and convert my quarter notes in the 30th bar into 8th notes, I would still achieve the same effect whist maintaining a reasonable 102 BPM that would indicate a moderately paced tempo, which I feel the piece is conveying. While this has no effect on the actual sound, the formatting is incorrect and is a waste of space. This makes it rather convoluted and hard to critique/play/cover to the reader.

The intro is well done, the build up is superb. It start off being easy to digest and serves as a good transition to the main course, that is, the 30th bar. It is infectiously catchy, unfortunately GP6 does not do justice in terms of dynamics. The intro which is rather moderate in volume plummeted unto 30th bar, which completely strips away of its power, rendering the intro build up obsolete. So in other words, make bar 30 really loud, with a good dose of overdrive.

The piece is blatantly incomplete, please finish it, I would love to hear it.
Quote by Genrecore

To achieve that groove effect, a pickup bar could have just been used.

Yeah I should start using pick up bars more often because this is not a new issue for me. Maybe that'll help write better drum tracks

Quote by Genrecore

Another thing that is needless, is the 204 BPM

I totally agree but should I keep the 204 bpm for the solo? Because It's still a decently fast solo and the click helps me to be on time.

Quote by Genrecore

The intro which is rather moderate in volume plummeted unto 30th bar, which completely strips away of its power, rendering the intro build up obsolete. So in other words, make bar 30 really loud, with a good dose of overdrive.

Yes you're right about that, I'll make the needed modifications.

Thank you for your very constructives suggestions, I'll post the song with the modifications as soon as there is enough new material for the solo.
Last edited by Craziork at Nov 3, 2013,