Hey, my friend just bought acoustic guitar.
I wanna know what are some easy chords that we could play together.
So i play different chord than my friend at the same time. But i am confused which chords should we play that it would sound good played together ( at the same time)

Thanks !
UG Rules !
I'm going to guess that you're a beginner. You play the same chords. You can try playing them in different places on the neck, for example an A major chord can be played like this;

Or this

Or this

Or this

0079(10)x

Or this

00(11)9(10)9

Etc forever

All of the above will sound good with eachother because they all share the same notes and are A major chords.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Listen to Nothing Ever Happens by Del Amitri.

That has two acoustic guitars, one played open & one capoed at the 5th fret, so to use the chords in AlanHB's post as an example one of you would be playing the A chord as 002220, the person with the capo would effectively be playing 577655.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yeah, different chords played at the same time doesn't sound nice at all. Unless you're into avant-garde dissonant stuff.

The first 2 replies refer to "chord voicings". This means playing the same chord at different places on the neck. It is a valuable concept for rhythm guitar playing.

Take the chord D

x00232

This can also be played as a barr chord like this

x57775

(the "x" means you don't play that string)

Hope this helps
Yeah, you don't want to play different chords at the same time. That will just sound bad. As others have said, you could just use different voicings to get a fuller sound. For example in "Detroit Rock City" by Kiss the other guitar plays power chords an octave higher and it sounds fuller than if both guitars played in the same octave.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
When you play two different chords together you get bitonality or incredibly ugly dissonance. If you are a beginner, don't really **** with that. As others said, just look for finding different chord voicings for each other to play. Or you could have one of you play a melody or a bass line while the other plays with chords. Anyways, good luck =)
Though some chords work together. For example play Bm and Em together and you get an Em9 chord. And play C major and E minor together and you get a Cmaj7 chord. Though if you play full chords, it doesn't sound good.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Though some chords work together. For example play Bm and Em together and you get an Em9 chord. And play C major and E minor together and you get a Cmaj7 chord. Though if you play full chords, it doesn't sound good.

This is a good point, but I wouldn't recommend a beginner mess around with that kind of thing. Part of why you know that, Maggara, is because you've been studying music long enough to know that.

But a beginner, it'd just be spit balling...finding things at random that kind of work...
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
This is a good point, but I wouldn't recommend a beginner mess around with that kind of thing. Part of why you know that, Maggara, is because you've been studying music long enough to know that.

But a beginner, it'd just be spit balling...finding things at random that kind of work...

Yeah, and if they only play full chords (I mean, six or five string chords), it will sound bad. So you need to know what you are doing to make them sound good - so yeah, I wouldn't recommend it either. If TS wants to play a m9 chord, he could just play it (for example Em9 - 0 2 0 0 0 2). It doesn't need two different chords to be played at the same time.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I'd suggest going wih stripped down versions of chords that take advantage of common tones and pivor into others. So, take a Dsus 2

x x 0 2 3 0

and a G6

3 x 0 0 3 x (or 0)

and a C add 9

x 3 x 0 3 0

and an Em

0 2 2 0 0 0

And play about with them. You can do a far version of the Marshall Tucker Band song "Cant you see" as a starting point.

Best,

Sean
so bitonal, as erc called it, is more or less what Magarra mentioned?
Theory is just...wow. I'm getting a bit over my head by trying to learn so much w/o formal educators

Quote by DBKGUITAR
To be a good lead guitar you must be VERY GOOD AT RYTHM

Quote by MaggaraMarine
My motto: Play what the song needs you to play!