I bought a used Squier Bullet Strat this weekend just to use to practice using heavy (.011 to .058) strings. Long story.

Anyway, I was making some adjustments last night, and tried to set the intonation. The best I could do was get within a quarter step from open to 12th fret on each string. Most of the bridge saddles are as far forward as they can be while keeping at least a few threads of the adjusting screw in the saddle bodies.

I can't think of a way to make this any better than what it is. My other two (real) strats adjust easily and precisely.

Any ideas or suggestions?
seems like they've mounted the bridge a bit further back than it ought to be. Either that or the saddle screws are too short.

The only thing i can think of that wouldn't be too costly would be to find some slightly longer screws. It might work - it depends on how severe the problem is really.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Thanks, Blompcube. I'm just going to be using this guitar for practice, not for playing songs. If the intonation problem is noticeable, I'll get some longer screws.

I have this $75 used Squier, a $700 MIM Strat, and an American Standard Stat. On the wall they look the same. It's when I get into things like this, or just look closely at the construction, that I see the reasons for the difference in price.
Quote by Monkeyleg
Thanks, Blompcube. I'm just going to be using this guitar for practice, not for playing songs. If the intonation problem is noticeable, I'll get some longer screws.

I have this $75 used Squier, a $700 MIM Strat, and an American Standard Stat. On the wall they look the same. It's when I get into things like this, or just look closely at the construction, that I see the reasons for the difference in price.

i have two Squier Bullets and got them intonated fine. i did have the opposite problem from you with one of them and had to lose the springs on a couple of saddles to get them far back enough.

have you measured the distance from nut to bridge on your three strats? I'd be curious to see the differences.
How is the neck bow and action? If it's got a little back bow and then a little higher action to compensate, it could lengthen the strings too much. The nut could be routed or cut wrong a bit as well, or the bridge is off like Blompcube said.

I assume you have the bridge flush against the body? Just checking, since that would surely mess things up if it's floating a bit.
I checked the bow, and it's fine. I lowered the action a bit, low enough so there's no fret buzz.

peskypesky, the distance from the fretboard side of the nut to the front edge of the most extended saddle is 25 1/4".