So I'm looking for a new amp. I have a budget of £750 (I think thats around $1200). I really don't want to stretch any further than that though. I play stuff from metal (Opeth, Metallica, SOAD) right back to classic rock (Beatles, Floyd, Zeppelin). For me getting a good metal tone is slightly more important than a good classic rock tone but ideally I'd like an amp that can do both. Also if it can do bedroom volumes that would be a bonus but I guess it's not essential.

Amps I've been considering are the Laney IRT60 and Orange TH30 but I can't really decide between the two and then I'm sure there's a whole bunch of amps I haven't even considered yet.

HELP.
Last edited by The_Locker at Oct 29, 2013,
Well; I am not sure what is available in your neck of the woods, and price-wise, it seems like everything sold in the U.K. gets slapped with a big, fat VAT to jack up the price. The Laney Ironheart got a few very good reviews in the trade publications, and not just for its metal tones. I'd say look at Blackstar's HT series, but if they are as pricey over there as they are here, then it might not be an option.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
jet city
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?