This is one of the guitar that I give maintenance to and I realized that is quite different Jackson from other I have seen can someone tell me which model is this Jackson if it really is a Jackson ..... thanks in advanced

Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
I'd guess it's an older model. Pre-Fender days for sure. You'd have to look at some (get someone on this forum to look for you) catalogues by Jackson Guitars that date the 80s-90s. That's as good a guess as I have.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
I'd guess it's an older model. Pre-Fender days for sure. You'd have to look at some (get someone on this forum to look for you) catalogues by Jackson Guitars that date the 80s-90s. That's as good a guess as I have.

I have my doubts about the guitar, look at the volume and tone controls are to damn close to each other! the floyd rose sits on top of the wood.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
The control layout's not that out of the ordinary. Some people like that. That floyd mount is actually how floyds were back in the 80s. It's called a "top-mount" or a non-recessed. Check out Jackson's Adrian Smith signatures. He likes top mount floyds, as did a lot of Glam bands from the 80s.

It's more typical for a super strat of the 80s era to have top mount. It wasn't until people wanted to start pulling up as well as dive down that they started routing for a full recess.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
really cause I saw most of the catalogs and yes I found some that look some soloist back in the day but not with this control lay out, so i guess lets see what come around more help regarding this issues will be appreciated and thanks lavatain
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Jackson did start off as a custom shop. Looking at this catalogue you can see an order form at the bottom. You'll also notice the top-mount Jackson tremolos in the catalogue. I'd bet it was a custom order.

I wouldn't know due to young age, but I don't think their custom shop at that time was tailored solely to high price customs.
Last edited by Lavatain at Oct 30, 2013,
Quote by Lavatain
Jackson did start off as a custom shop. Looking at this catalogue you can see an order form at the bottom. You'll also notice the top-mount Jackson tremolos in the catalogue. I'd bet it was a custom order.

I wouldn't know due to young age, but I don't think their custom shop at that time was tailored solely to high price customs.

well the floyd rose in the guitar doesn't have the Jackson logo on the bridge like some in that catalog, unless as you say it doesn't matter and it doesn't have a serial number either so what can it be done?
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
I haven't a clue really. The only other thing I can think is a partscaster. Jackson Neck onto a custom body perhaps. The pickups don't say Jackson on them, nor does the tremolo. It might just be a partscaster with a Jackson neck.