Hey guys! I have posted a dozen which amp threads and have pretty much gotten the answer of, I should keep my vox vt 80+ and save up for a better amp. So my question is this. My amp has a single 4 ohm, 12 inch, vox speaker in it, my
Amp is registered for 120 watts, what is a really good replacemt speaker for this amp?

Thanks in advance!
-cole
Quote by ColeFleming
Hey guys! I have posted a dozen which amp threads and have pretty much gotten the answer of, I should keep my vox vt 80+ and save up for a better amp. So my question is this. My amp has a single 4 ohm, 12 inch, vox speaker in it, my
Amp is registered for 120 watts, what is a really good replacemt speaker for this amp?

Thanks in advance!
-cole

Likely you will be better served with a stock speaker (pending it works). You want a flat frequency response. If you change to say a British speaker, you would to some degree with American voiced taint it British in sound. Save up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Save your money and put it towards a new amp, a speaker swap would only be a marginal upgrade honestly.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Save your money and put it towards a new amp, a speaker swap would only be a marginal upgrade honestly.

This.

What you have is a good amp for it's purpose, but if you're thinking of tweaking your sound like that then your first investment should always be a new amp. Once you've got a real amp, maybe then a new speaker would help but for now you'd simply be throwing your money away.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
It kind of sucks, I want new gear so bad, but it will likely be 4-6 months before I can afford anything decent. I play in a pop punk/rock band, and something that fits that sound, (Very Jcm900/800/Rockerverb) Type sound is hard to fill for under a grand with a good valve amp.
Quote by ColeFleming
It kind of sucks, I want new gear so bad, but it will likely be 4-6 months before I can afford anything decent. I play in a pop punk/rock band, and something that fits that sound, (Very Jcm900/800/Rockerverb) Type sound is hard to fill for under a grand with a good valve amp.

Peavey Windsor Studio combo. $300ish used. Throw a tubescreamer in front of it (Joyo Vintage Overdrive for $40) and you'll be in heaven.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Peavey Windsor Studio combo. $300ish used. Throw a tubescreamer in front of it (Joyo Vintage Overdrive for $40) and you'll be in heaven.

No, I have a Windsor Studio, Stock it is pretty bad. I paid $150 for mine sight unseen thinking it was gonna be a 1x12 plexi/jcm800 type amp. It is a fizzy amp with absolutely no bass. Now if you can mod an amp, you can make it awesome for $15-$20 in parts. The stock speaker is crap also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No, I have a Windsor Studio, Stock it is pretty bad. I paid $150 for mine sight unseen thinking it was gonna be a 1x12 plexi/jcm800 type amp. It is a fizzy amp with absolutely no bass. Now if you can mod an amp, you can make it awesome for $15-$20 in parts. The stock speaker is crap also

Bummer. I had a fantastic experience with mine
Quote by Robbgnarly

BUT, for $300, the Peavey VTM on the other hand...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
BUT, for $300, the Peavey VTM on the other hand...

yep, I agree. but the VTM combo is hard to find in some areas. The last VTM 1x12 I saw was <$200
A used JCM2000 DSL401 would work also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate