I know there has been a lot of discussions about pickups moving but I think the ones in my new LTD are too loose. Check out this video and tell me what you think :
The loose pickups video here!!!

And the screws that raise or lower the pickup are not going into the guitar body they are just holding on the pickup guard. Is this normal?
The model is LTD MH-1000NT.

Great guitar though!!!
Last edited by BaHkaTa at Oct 30, 2013,
Link doesn't work.
It is normal for guitar pickups to be able to wiggle a bit and it's perfectly fine as long as they are held in place.
Guitars with bigger pick guards often have the pickups mounted directly on the pick guard, so yes, that's normal too.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
I got the link fixed. Thank you for the reply. Can you please see the video and thell me what you think. Is it normal to be that loos?
Ah... I actually thought you meant a pick guard. Those are pickup mounting rings btw. And yes very normal to have them mounted like that.
The neck pickup looked very very wiggly, but I'm sure it's fine.
Personally, though, I'd unscrew the pickup mounting ring (don't touch the pickup-screw), and then stick some foam or something under the actual pickup, as that'd make it more stable.
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Yeah the neck pickup is what bothers me most! This is my second guitar and it's the first one for me with pickups screwed that way. My other is an Ibby RG7321 and the pickups are screwed to the body and are way way more stable than these. I read about the trick with the foam(even Paul Gilbert has been suggesting that) but that's a brand new guitar that costs 1K$ and I thought I will not have to do any adjustments just enjoy the killer sounds
I agree, you shouldn't have to do anything with a brand new guitar like that...but at least it's an easy fix.

If it's convenient to you, you could take it back to the store you bought it at and have them stabilize it for you.
If you do unscrew the mounting rings yourself you can look on the screws holding the pickups in place. They should have a spring or a piece of rubber on the screw. Maybe that bit is too loose or something too.. that should normally stabilize the pickup.
You will see what I mean when you take a look at it.

Best of luck to you. (not that you'll need it for this kind of issue )
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Thanks for the guidance, man! I took it out to see it. And I didn't see a problem with the spring. and by the "screws holding the pickups in place" you mean holding them to the pickup rings not the body right? The ring on the neck pickup is actually cracked near the screws holding it to the body on both sides and the seller is sending me a new one with new screws and springs. I guess that may be the problem. I actually bought it from eBay so it will be a little difficult to change it or something but if it turns out a problem I may request a change. But I think it will be easily fixed when the new pickup rings come as you said
Glad to help!
Quote by BaHkaTa
...by the "screws holding the pickups in place" you mean holding them to the pickup rings not the body right?

Exactly that.

That crack could definitely explain why it's so loose, yes.
Good to hear you're getting a replacement!
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Yeah the guys are very helpful at least! A little off topic ...I see you have a J custom. I am very curious did you have any problems with it?
No problems whatsoever.
It's actually the first guitar I got that was 100% perfect and somehow set up exactly the way I want a guitar to be set up.
I am very picky about how I want my guitars set up, so I spend a lot of time setting mine up, but the J.Custom was just perfect in every single way when it was shipped to me.

I actually I never had any problems with my Prestiges either.. they just required a slight set up and they were great...not as great as a J.Custom but they are on a different level.
Things with strings:
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass