Hello!

I'm beginner in a making recordings. I had read the stickey "Recording Interfaces - A Buyer's Guide". For what is the PAD button on 2i4 (there just stand, this is necessery for guitar rec)? The real question is, what's the difference between 2i4 and 8i6? I'll use for guitar and voice recordings too, the difference in price is not big. Can I both interface using with guitarrig or sonar?
The 8i6 has more inputs and outputs. Really only useful if you're gonna be recording drums.

If you're just recording some guitars and vocals, then the 2i4 is perfect for you. It'll work fine with both Guitar Rig and Sonar.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Does Windows see the Focusrite equipment as a separate sound card? I have an M-Audio that I think is just mediocre. I was thinking about purchasing a new USB unit, but want one that is just seen as an accessory and not a separate soundcard.

There are too many conflicts between the ASUS Xonar ST soundcard that I bought for listening to hi-fi stereo stuff and the M-Audio Fast-Track Pro when it is actually turned on. Get lots of glitches related to the system seeing two sound cards.

I want to be able to use the MIDI feature or amplitube type stuff while listening to system audio so I can play along with MP3s or whatnot. I can get the M-Audio to output to the ASUS card and out to my speakers, but it does not seem to accept input from the ASUS card.

I was hoping a Focusrite would be able to do this.
Quote by bigblockelectra
Does Windows see the Focusrite equipment as a separate sound card? I have an M-Audio that I think is just mediocre. I was thinking about purchasing a new USB unit, but want one that is just seen as an accessory and not a separate soundcard.

There are too many conflicts between the ASUS Xonar ST soundcard that I bought for listening to hi-fi stereo stuff and the M-Audio Fast-Track Pro when it is actually turned on. Get lots of glitches related to the system seeing two sound cards.

I want to be able to use the MIDI feature or amplitube type stuff while listening to system audio so I can play along with MP3s or whatnot. I can get the M-Audio to output to the ASUS card and out to my speakers, but it does not seem to accept input from the ASUS card.

the scarlett should act as your soundcard, thats what i use my 2i2 for...I use Pod Farm with mine and I jam with Pod Farm while listening to iTunes, i'm on a mac but the same feature should apply...also the PAD button if im mistaken is a decibel reduction? something that'd be useful for me sense using my Bass with the scarlett requires me to lower the volume on the bass to avoid clipping!
Quote by bigblockelectra

The way it works is your DAW sees the Focusrite as its go-to soundcard. You can also plug in headphones (in the Focusrite, not your PC), and those would use Focusrite as their soundcard. If you decide to record without studio headphones (not recommended), then Windows will play back mp3s and such using the PC's soundcard.

I'm not sure about glitches related to your system seeing 2 soundcards, but I wouldn't think it would be an issue.