So, I think the Fulltone 69 could be the perfect pedal for me. But it is so damn expensive! Can you guys think of any cheaper alternative that are worth buying?

I play blues rock, rock n roll, alternative rock, punk. Hendrix, Gary Clark Jr, Black Keys, Rolling Stones, The Who, Chuck Berry.

My main guitar is a Fender strat and amp a Peavey Classic.

Thanks.
Quote by robje2000
big muff?

Completely different sound. For really low prices, build your own germanium fuzz face. Source the parts yourself or buy kits. All you need is a soldering iron and patience.
]
The Fulltone 69 is expensive, but I gotta be honest....I sold some old pedals I didn't use as much to make the extra money to afford it and I am so happy I did.

I played around with bigmuff and the fuzzface and I am so satisfied with the fulltone 69. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I don't think you are going to be as satisfied with a different pedal. Why spend $40-80 now on a pedal you don't want as much, only to cave and buy the fulltone a year or two down the road?
and harry doesn't mind if he doesn't make the scene
Quote by Xomar
The Fulltone 69 is expensive, but I gotta be honest....I sold some old pedals I didn't use as much to make the extra money to afford it and I am so happy I did.

I played around with bigmuff and the fuzzface and I am so satisfied with the fulltone 69. I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I don't think you are going to be as satisfied with a different pedal. Why spend $40-80 now on a pedal you don't want as much, only to cave and buy the fulltone a year or two down the road?

It is a great pedal. It is some thing special.