Hi all

I'm currently building a guitar, and I have NO idea what I am doing wiring.
I'm asking, is it possible to have separate tone pots for each pickup? Like, 3 tone pots then a master volume? I've made a diagram of what I think would work.

Much Appreciated!
Attachments:
Guitar wiring B (small).PNG
What are the push-pulls for? Pickup on/off switches and master coil split?

You forgot to ground lug 1 of the volume pot. It looks like all the tones are in parallel so they'll all act like master tones. What you want to do is wire the pickups straight to their tone pots then to the switch. Not having a regular selector switch makes things a bit more confusing. Does that make sense?
i think the easiest way to wire this would be each pot goes to its own tone andthat goes to a selector switch and then that goes to master volume pot

if youre going to use the push pull pots for on off swtiching of the coil have them go into the tone pot first then to the on off or else you might end up having 3 master tone knobs
Last edited by supersac at Oct 31, 2013,
TS's way isn't really harder. It may actually be easier. Either way I have a diagram ready. I made it for comparison.

Edit: with individual tones then you'll always end up with multiple master tones when multiple pickups are on. The way TS has it, all the tones are active all the time for all pickups.
Last edited by Invader Jim at Oct 31, 2013,
Quote by Invader Jim
TS's way isn't really harder. It may actually be easier. Either way I have a diagram ready. I made it for comparison.

i meant for me
ive tried on off switches for pick up selecting and i always end up forgetting what i have on and off especially live

responcedit
yeah that was an issue i had as well when wiring a 3 pick up lp style guitar once
learning is fun
Last edited by supersac at Oct 31, 2013,
@Invader Jim
thanks for the quick reply! Yes, the P/P tone pots are for on/ off pickups, and the volume is for coil split. I've made the some changes according to your advice, reckon that this will work?

thanks,
tcj
Attachments:
Guitar wiring C (small).PNG
@supersac
I'd agree that a selector switch is SO much easier, but I love the the bridge + neck combination too much lol
I cannot begin to express the feelings of gratitude I am feeling right now. Thank you so much!!
Quote by Explorerbuilder
? what are those things attached to the pots? And no switch?

Those are capacitors--commonly used to solve the treble bleed issue. ....

The switches are there--look at the push/pull pots.
Oh, frack! But, I didn't say frack--I said "THE" word. The F-dash-dash-dash-dash word.