New Gear Year
Various pieces I've collected throughout this year since I couldn't be bothered to make a new NGD thread each time.
(the truth is I really want to be like MatrixClaw)
Warning: Mass-grainy picture territory ahead

First up...

There was some music festival that Akai were sponsors for, so all their pedals were on special. Tried a whole bunch, this one was the winner. It's a pretty interesting pedal, lots of fun to play around with and extremely simple in operation. The two switch combo chooses by how much to shift the signal by and the knob sets how fast. This thing can go from a faint not really noticeable shimmer (until you take it away, that is) to a totally whack rotary kind of sound. And it's built very solidly. It's just impossible to keep clean

Gimme a mo and I'll put the rest up.
boop
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I really need to understand how you can get a rotary kind of sound from a mono source, so please put up some audio demos

Anyway, HNG Y/D/whatever
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by N_J_B_B
boop

lol

Quote by Spambot_2
I really need to understand how you can get a rotary kind of sound from a mono source, so please put up some audio demos

Anyway, HNG Y/D/whatever

It's not really a rotary sound, like a big swirly effect. I find it difficult to explain. Unfortunately, I have none recording facilities but there are some demos online of this pedal, albeit not very good or extensive ones that I've found.

Okay, I feel like having some fun. Let's play "Guess The Headstock"

Some kind of an iceman?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by zl1288
Would that be a SZ prestige I see?

Why yes, my good sir, yes it is.

So it's an Ibanez Prestige SZ4020FM. I felt like I should get another electric since my, then only at the start of the year, electric was pretty much living at college and all my gear was just collecting dust at home. I tried a whole bunch and the moment I held this one I knew it was the one. Sound awfully romantic!

Upon first playing it the action was set slightly out of whack, the intonation was a bit off and the jack was horribly worn. But I could otherwise tell that this was a fine instrument indeed, just badly looked after. Nothing that couldn't be easily corrected. Also a few minor dings – but hey, can't have everything. Once it had a small makeover – awesome.

I never knew brown could look so pretty. My camera's not good enough to depict the fine details of the finish in such a dark colour though, so you'll just have to take my word for it. The racing stripes down the middle are a really cool touch. This guitar is freaking heavy, but super solid. Really holds its tuning. Very smooth on the fretting hand, just like an Ibby should be. The pickups are Seymour Duncan IBZs, made especially for the SZ range I believe. These are the most beastly passive pups I've personally played on. Very clear, all to willing to give gain but cleans up surprisingly well once the volume is taken off full. And the sustain is great.

I love this UFO-type inlay

Neck thru

Racing stripes in the best shot I could get. I also thought I cleared all the dust!
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thats a sweet looking Ibanez, and I usually don't like em
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Oh right, there're a few more things.
We all know what this is.

This is a model from 92/93. I love it, the sound is perfect for what I play. I've always dreamed of owning an 800 or 900. And when I saw this on gumtree going for not that much I pretty much pounced on it.

It's sitting on top of a Laney GS212IE 2x12. It's a box, okay. I couldn't be bothered to take it outside to get some better light for another grainy picture. This thing is super solid, quite light and relatively nice and small which is exactly what I need. It's loaded with Celestion 70/80s. Some people seem to bash these quite a lot, and they're definitely better speakers out there, but they're really not bad. Quite good actually to my ears. I'll play them until they break in properly and then I'll form an opinion. Speakers can always be swapped anyway.

Last one. What has bird's eye maple and sparkly inlays?

Hmmmmmm?

I give you a clue

It's a Fender Lite Ash Strat. This was pretty much given to me from my brother-in-law since he mostly plays his acoustic and neglected this thing. Crime against humanity! This instrument just oozes mojo that I never thought a guitar could – it's easily my favourite now. Plus I'm a sucker for anything in natural finish. And that birds eye maple

It's got alnico 2 pro pickups. They're nice, very warm, quite low output which means I must push my amp harder. Of course I have no problem with that. I actually find the bridge pickup a bit shrill though. The maple neck makes fretting very smooth. I like harping on the trem a little, but the tuning sometimes goes a bit off. It's been set up professionally as is. I've been thinking of getting locking tuners. Most likely Grovers. Maybe even swap out the nut for something more special. People seem to think quite highly of the LSR roller nut. Thoughts?

Anyway, it was so hot outside when I took the pics that I forgot to take a (slightly) nice(er) outdoor photo of it, but now it's raining so a dingy family shot will have to do. My PRS SE is still at varsity, and really needs some TLC - like a string recharge and an action setup. It's seen some rough times.

That's all. Yay!
sweet those lite ashes were pretty nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that head is stupid big. holy cow.

man thats a nice fender...like the natural
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
that fender is gorgeous
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.

HNG...Y?

i love the figuring on the maple neck.

everytime i see someone getting a prestige it makes me wanna play one.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
all.
So onto my question about a possible upgrade to the Fender to help the tuning stability. Obviously locking tuners are always helpful. Some people have raved about the LSR roller nut the Fender makes. Does anyone know if it really makes that much difference or is it just another gimmick?
The LSR nut works well. Had one on my old Strat Plus before I traded it. Great little unit, coupled with locking tuners it's really solid.
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet those lite ashes were pretty nice.

Funny thing is the day after I got it or so I saw someone on gumtree selling a lite ash tele. I was so impressed by the strat that I thought a tele would be really complimentary. It took a lot of restraint plus the realization that I had no money then to grab it.

Quote by telemetal
The LSR nut works well. Had one on my old Strat Plus before I traded it. Great little unit, coupled with locking tuners it's really solid.

sweet. I'll definitely be checking it out then.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?