I'm looking for some suggestions, I have an Ht stage 100, I'm running a seymore duncan pickup booster, which is kicking my clean channel into overdrive. I am thinking about picking up a distortion pedal to give me a nice fat saturated distortion sound. Should I be looking at distortions? Is it gonna be too much with my boost? I don't think I want an overdrive, but Im not sure, All the demos I have seen arnt really what I'm looking for.

I'm currently looking at a Barber Dirty Bomb

The amps dirty channels are great, but I want to use a pedal;for my current setup using the amp channels is not what I'm looking for
if it sounds good it's no problem

having an od pedal probably wouldn't hurt as well
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well; that is a high-gain amp to begin with, so you do not want to overdo it on the distortion. You have to decide what sound you are after, and then see what pedal(s) will give it to you. You are probably looking for a distortion box, but then again, you might find something labeled "fuzz" or "boost" that does the trick. You need to try them out, and you really need to try them out through the same model of amplifier. Otherwise, it is a hit-or-miss game. This is why so many of us have a whole collection of pedals at home that we seldom use. We've all been there: "But it sounded GREAT in the store! But then I got it home and it sounded like an elephant taking a crap! What the %@#$ happened?!" You need to know how it will sound through your gear. Otherwise, it is a crapshoot.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Maybe a better question is, What pedals should I stay away from?

Secondly, Is there anything out there that could harm my set up?
^^ yeah pretty much (though if he's using them on the clean channel, the fact it's a high gain amp shouldn't matter so much).

nothing should really hurt your gear.

what type of tone(s) are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thick, saturated, crunchy, but clear. I want to push my tubes for that tube tone, but right now it lacks crunch and a little saturation. Versatile would be nice

I was just looking at the Fulltone Ocd too, I'm really just looking for options opinions etc
Just out of interest (and bear in mind I'm well aware it's your call, I'm just interested to know), why don't you want to use your amp's overdrive channel for this? For those tones you mentioned, I'd have said your overdrive channel, perhaps hit with an overdrive pedal as a boost, would likely do that tone better than a pedal into your clean channel will.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have the very same amp and i just put my ibanez tube screamer in front of it as a boost with the level maxed and the gain at 0. another really good distortion i have used is the MXR super badass. pedal has loads of gain and very very saturated. I prefer just using the tube screamer as a boost though. but if you really want crazy distortion that mxr is the way to go.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Any tube screamer varient is probably what you are looking for.

I personally prefer timmys (Paul Cochran) is who builds them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Using the dirty channel would be nice, I'd like to have everything controlled by my footswitch looper, to get the channel changes it would require some amp mods, I'm talking to an amp tech to see if we can make them work together the way I want but it's prob something I'd be later on, in the mean time tho the clean channel with the boost sounds good it gets those tubes working nice, just needs a little push, saturation and crunch,

if I go the tube screamer route, maybe a behringer TO800? I'm reading its comparable to the ts808 but 1/5 the price
oh ok, i see. yeah that's fair enough.

i haven't tried any behringers, but the reliability is not meant to be amazing and they have a plastic case (I think). the digitech bad monkey or joyo vintage overdrives are two tubescreamer-types on the cheap.

the daphon eod20 is a boss sd1 type on the cheap (the badass od mentioned above is an sd1 type).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?