Hi to all of you!

I'm interested what software are you using for recording, softwares like cubase, sonar, nuendo.
At the moment i use sonar x2, but before i tried nuendo and cubase too.
For me is little complicated all 3 software, i never use these "extra" parameters...i have just loaded VST plugins and recorded. Which is the best software for me, what is not complicated, but know everything what i need?
Which is the most popular software here by members on ultimate-guitar.com?
I don't do much recording other than being able to hear what my playing is like once in a while. I use audacity for that:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Audacity itself doesn't do much in terms of a drumtrack (you can generate a click/metronome) but i use Hydrogen: http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/ to make one and then import it into audacity.

Those two work well together, 100% free also. Great pieces of software
Using Studio One 2 Producer. This version is not free, but you can find a trial version on the Presonus website. I've also used Cubase, but prefer Studio.
reaper has a full featured trial and no (functional) time limit. just a pop up box

its very good and only 60 dollars if you decide to pay for it
Quote by Rick540
I play in drop F. When I chug on the 6th string the floor splits open and satan crawls out.
I've tried most everything except Logic, and FL Studio is still the most natural workflow to me.
Studio One. I love the general controls for it, I find it really easy to work with.
Quote by nightsycthe
reaper has a full featured trial and no (functional) time limit. just a pop up box

its very good and only 60 dollars when you decide to pay for it

FTFY
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Nov 1, 2013,
I'm flitting between Logic Pro 9 and ProTools 10. Logic at home, ProTools at uni studios. I'm capable with both, but at the moment am leaning towards PT as I used it loads on placement last year.

It sounds like what you want is something really simple like Garageband. Worth a look if you're on a mac.

I'd imagine UG's software of choice is Reaper, though there's quite a variety of recommendations.
I use Ableton live, it's geared more towards electronic music but you can track instruments with ease, it has good stock plugins, and the workflow is fast. But you can track audio with any DAW (at least I would hope so...) except like Vendetta said, FL studio would be my last choice.
Quote by zosomagik94
I use Ableton live, it's geared more towards electronic music but you can track instruments with ease, it has good stock plugins, and the workflow is fast. But you can track audio with any DAW (at least I would hope so...) except like Vendetta said, FL studio would be my last choice.

Guess you might, some are only midi based sequencers I believe. And some are only audio based DAWs.

I like many aspects of Ableton but it wouldn't be my first choice for tracking, mainly because i'm familiar with Reaper and I can even fix someone's vocals (which is often equested) in matter of minutes, with microtonal shifting, microadjusting and all the like that takes me a lot more with other software..... hence: workflow and personal preference

Ableton+Reaper though is a great combination too hehe
I use Reaper, and I wouldn't ever change unless I were to undergo a drastic change in musical direction.
StudioOne on my Desktop, REAPER on my Laptop.

I have a full copy of Steven Slate Drums along with the CLA expansion.

That's about I think, I do own a copy of PodFarm too.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Neundo 4. I got it free from the internet black market. Real use friendly, sound warmer than Pro Tools( even the HD systems imho!) I like it alot C:
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Studio One Professional.
Started with Reaper, then bought an AudioBox 44VSL interface which came with Studio One Artist. Every few months, PreSonus will offer upgrades for Studio One, so I took advantage of those specials, and ended up with Professional. It was a learning curve with it, I was using reaper before. Studio One comes with a bunch of extras as well to get you started(like instruments, effects, etc.).