I think you have to put your link in a spoiler button.
I think UG does this to prevent spam.
Putting spoiler tags over the link won't help, you have to post a certain amount of times (Either 3 or 5, not sure which). It's an idiotic countermeasure they implemented to stop spambots.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Considering spambots ruined at least part of the Line 6 forums for quite a while (seems fixed now), and I have not noticed spam as a significant problem here, ultimate-guitar.com must be doing something right.
But this doesn't do anything whatsoever to stop spambots, it just prevents links from showing up. If anything it's made the problem worse because instead of creating 1 thread to peddle whatever shit/virus/government spyware they have to offer they're creating 3 or 4, if you go into the new members q&a forum (where about 1/4 of the threads on page 1 seem to be made by spambots at the moment) you'll see a prime example of this. Annoyingly the forums seem to be segregated so if for example you post enough times in electric guitar or musician talk to lift the ban on posting links you won't be able to post links in the recording or metal forums. (this is based on personal experience and may not be universal)
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about