I'm ashamed to say that last night, my group and I were playing at a party, and when we finished, I had a little too much to drink... So, at the end of the night, I picked up my guitar and said "wait guys, check it out!" (or something of that manner) What I did was so stupid. I played a powerchord, and lifted up waaay too much on my whammy bar, and broke my low E string at the tremolo. I thought to myself "No big deal, I'll just buy some new strings tomorrow."

Today, I got the strings, and came home and tried replacing it. I noticed something. There's a piece missing from where I put the string in.

Here's a picture

I didn't see a part fly off anywhere, or a piece on the floor...

Anyway, my first rule of guitar - Don't play it when you're drunk.

So would a guitar shop fix this, or would I have to buy a whole new trem? Sorry, I'm really stupid when it comes to this, cause this is my first guitar with a tremolo like that. Thanks all!
you can buy those, easy to loose if you take off the string, order or check google
Quote by Tempoe
you can buy those, easy to loose if you take off the string, order or check google

Thank you very much, that's reassuring. I don't have another guitar, since my fender's jack is broken, and I refuse to play on my old starter guitar.

What would you call that piece?
You want the String Lock Block. It's a little less than halfway down the page. Ctrl+F it. Make sure you get the right one.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Nov 1, 2013,