OK i'm looking into getting a Wah pedal my budget is round the £80 mark i already know about the Cry Baby, however i know there are plenty of Wah pedals out there, so i'm open to discussions about the options i have
Morely Bad Horsie. It's got a really wide sweep. Dunlop feels really confined in comparison to me.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Morely Bad Horsie. It's got a really wide sweep. Dunlop feels really confined in comparison to me.

Don't have that kinda cash ....
Used Ibanez Weeping Demon.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I should point out in case this changes anyone's suggestions, mianly gonna be using it for Metallica songs
I'd agree with JustRooster. One of my biggest regrets in terms of gear purchases is buying a brand new CryBaby GCB-95 over a used Morley Power Wah. Granted the Power Wah is different to the Bad Horsie but having played both and compared them to other wah pedals I think your best bet is to go with the Morley.

I just had a look on eBay and there's actually a Morley Bad Horsie 2, brand new, for £78 with free shipping (from the United States). Some of the used Bad Horsie's are in the £50-£70 range so you can definitely find one within your budget.
Quote by AdamDK
I'd agree with JustRooster. One of my biggest regrets in terms of gear purchases is buying a brand new CryBaby GCB-95 over a used Morley Power Wah. Granted the Power Wah is different to the Bad Horsie but having played both and compared them to other wah pedals I think your best bet is to go with the Morley.

I just had a look on eBay and there's actually a Morley Bad Horsie 2, brand new, for £78 with free shipping (from the United States). Some of the used Bad Horsie's are in the £50-£70 range so you can definitely find one within your budget.

What about the Ibanez Weeping Demon?
Haven't tried, wouldn't be able to tell you. The Morely a great midrange wah, though.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Tcrumpen
What about the Ibanez Weeping Demon?

I don't think I've tried that.
Morley is love
Morley is life
Pots are bad
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have the standard cry baby wah, with the exception that it is white (it was on sale ).

I don't see anything wrong with it or why anyone would even think of spending $100 or more on a wah pedal.

In my opinion, if you aint diggin' the standard cry baby, you aint' doing it right. It takes a degree of finesse.

Don't be a robot, make love to it.

AND AS FOR THE COMMENT ABOUT PAWN SHOPS:

good luck if you go down that route...I wouldn't recommend it.
Quote by RockAddict311
I have the standard cry baby wah, with the exception that it is white (it was on sale ).

I don't see anything wrong with it or why anyone would even think of spending $100 or more on a wah pedal.

In my opinion, if you aint diggin' the standard cry baby, you aint' doing it right. It takes a degree of finesse.

Then you aren't doing it right.

I bought my standard cry baby at a pawn shop for $25, and it was in damn near new condition.
You just have to know what you want and how to haggle.
Quote by Offworld92
Morley is love
Morley is life
Pots are bad

Isn't that how all Wah's work, using a pot to filter the tone?
Quote by Offworld92
Morley is love
Morley is life
Pots are bad

agree lol.

Morley uses an optical system instead of pot but the results are the same just not mechanical. I use a Morley Classic wah and it's great.
Quote by RockAddict311

WTF?
If you play heavier types of music, the Original Cry Baby does not cut it.

I prefer the Morley Bad Horsie 2 it is 2 types of wah in one. It has the original Bad Horsie circuit and it has a contour wah that is selectable with a foot switch and the range of sweep is controlled by a knob. I also like the fact the Morley comes on when you put your foot on it, no toe tapping like the Cry Baby.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Morley good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Morley good.

It would take weeks to get it from the US would prefer a UK Wah Pedal, i'm not gigging so it doens't have to be amazing
Quote by Tcrumpen
It would take weeks to get it from the US would prefer a UK Wah Pedal, i'm not gigging so it doens't have to be amazing

This is the weirdest justification that I don't get.

Gigging or not, I DGAF. I would never go out of my way to get something worse just because I'm not using it in front of people.

If anything, it would make sense to do that the other way around. The audience doesn't give a shit, they don't care about the differences between gear. Gear is for us, not for them.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Why not look used in your area? I'm sure you can find a used Morley or even the Q-95 cry baby in your budget.

The Ibanez Weeping Demon is pretty nice, if you can get that locally in your budget
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Tcrumpen

WTF are you talking about?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmorley+wah&_nkw=morley+wah&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by CodeMonk
Then you aren't doing it right.

I bought my standard cry baby at a pawn shop for $25, and it was in damn near new condition.
You just have to know what you want and how to haggle.

Then I'm not doing it right? I simply said I would not recommend it. Someone asking for advice on this topic probably wouldn't do that well haggling in a pawn shop in the first place. I did not say you could not be successful. Pawn shops are generally pretty shady.
Quote by RockAddict311
Then I'm not doing it right? I simply said I would not recommend it. Someone asking for advice on this topic probably wouldn't do that well haggling in a pawn shop in the first place. I did not say you could not be successful. Pawn shops are generally pretty shady.

Well, its not for everybody I guess.
And you do have to choose a pawn shop well. Some are good, others not so much.

If you go into a pawn shop not knowing the value of something you plan on buying, yeah, you might get burned.
But the same could be said of Craigslist, eBay, GC, or any local music store.
Fulltone, RMC, Chi-Wah-Wah.

Do it right the first time. I would only go used though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by CodeMonk
Well, its not for everybody I guess.
And you do have to choose a pawn shop well. Some are good, others not so much.

If you go into a pawn shop not knowing the value of something you plan on buying, yeah, you might get burned.
But the same could be said of Craigslist, eBay, GC, or any local music store.

Yah if you know what you're doing and go into the right store, you could walk out with quite the steal. However, you always have to worry about it breaking down in the long haul. I don't know how easy it is to repair those bad boys or how costly