My mom and I have been decorating and renovating this year and flipping a house.

One thing we noticed is the amount of shitty tradesmen who either do things wrong, are hard to find, or think they can charge ridiculous amounts.

Be it horrid plumbers, dickish electricians or alcoholic roofers.

Meanwhile, we have loads of universities pumping useless graduates.

Surely, there must be money in the trades if good tradesmen are hard to find.

I'm thinking of doing more research and possibly consider a trade in the future if I get jaded with my current prospects.

Discuss trades.
Quote by captainsnazz
Yeah, good threadstarters are so hard to find these days.

I'm right here buddy.
My goat for your house, yes?

good offer yes?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I don't think that getting a degree is at all "useless" but its importance is inflated. I would however recommend to anyone to explore a trade. I worked as a welder/fabricator for a long time and enjoyed the hell out of it. Lots of people don't though, coming home dirty isn't for everyone. Trades can also be the launch pad to business ownership. People in my family took car know how and turned it into auto repair shops and made a good living.

If you're serious take some classes to see if it's for you.
Last edited by Rossenrot at Nov 1, 2013,
If there were more women in trades, everyone would be more reliable.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
if my great grandfather hadn't been a pushover, my family would still own a gas station.

what are we talking about again?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Mike Rowe actually has been pushing this a lot.

Apparently there's quite the market for skilled workers.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
All those jobs suck, that's why they are mostly alcoholics.

I've had quite few trade jobs.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by captainsnazz
Yeah, good threadstarters are so hard to find these days.

We should do a Kickstarter and make a good threadstarter

For anyone who donates $5 we'll throw in a Madcap