I've seen countless youtube videos where a player is recording with his/her computer, what I am wondering is how. I plugged the proper sized jack into the AUX part of the amp into the headphone part of my computer. How do i do it?
Quote by addonexus02
I've seen countless youtube videos where a player is recording with his/her computer, what I am wondering is how. I plugged the proper sized jack into the AUX part of the amp into the headphone part of my computer. How do i do it?

Don't do the bolded. You could blow your headphone/mic jack out.

What they're mostly likely doing is using an interface. I recommend you check out the interface thread. I further would recommend the Scarlett 2i4, as it's probably one of the better buys in its price range. (Don't get the 2i2, which is the model below the 2i4. It has no pad button, which means instruments are more likely to clip when recorded. And clipping is not good.) Also, if you want to record using your amp (as opposed to amp sims), then try connecting to the interface (which you're going to buy, if you're smart) via the line-out jack or the FX jack.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 2, 2013,