Page 1 of 2
when i was 16, there were 300 people in the pit no matter what time of day it was!!! what is this nonsense???

there was a period when UGers rejoiced in their creativity knowledge and fellowship by sharing prosperity with one another! Lavishly enjoying life for what it was! And now our numbers have been reduced to a measly 67???

If you're a guest please get an account and join us in our new uprising! We must recreate the Pit! The time of the renaissance is now! Bring forth creativity and wonder by contributing to our fountain of progress!!!!!!!!
It's been ruined by too many posts with excessive punctuation.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
you know this was just banned by rooster today. YOU'RE ON THIN ICE!!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
you know this was just banned by rooster today. YOU'RE ON THIN ICE!!

banned for what? i'm sorry i really haven't heard
Quote by geetarguy13
when i was 16, there were 300 people in the pit no matter what time of day it was!!! what is this nonsense???

there was a period when UGers rejoiced in their creativity knowledge and fellowship by sharing prosperity with one another! Lavishly enjoying life for what it was! And now our numbers have been reduced to a measly 67???

If you're a guest please get an account and join us in our new uprising! We must recreate the Pit! The time of the renaissance is now! Bring forth creativity and wonder by contributing to our fountain of progress!!!!!!!!

Hah. You've barely been here. Back in my day....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The pit was noticeably worse with the 300 15 year old morons posting. I recognize enough users now to have decent enough discussion with a few if them
Because nobody talks about music. We are all musicians the pit should be btbam threads and woah look at this takayoshi song I found or look it's buckethead doing nunchakas. Idk the other forums here are empty
How many threads are you going to make tonight? Because if you make a new thread for every thought you have, I might have to pre-empt your next epiphany with a smite of the trusty, ol' school banhammer.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by TheGreatTarp
Oh it's that guy again.

Oh look it's that guy again.
...Wait that's me.
^ Don't double-post... especially for old jokes. This is a verbal warning, the next will be an active warning on your record
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I've not really perused the UG forums, or had much to do with UG, for a long, long time, but having looked through the first few pages of threads there's nothing that's piqued my interest. It used to be that there'd be plenty of interesting threads and users, but now I mostly just see threads that were around years ago (So let's talk about GAYS, The ONLY anime/body modification/whatever thread, etc) and various threads that don't catch my attention. I'm sure there are still some interesting threads and users about, but nothing immediately stands out to me like it used to, and I don't have the time or motivation to search.

I used to find UG amazing when I was 14/15/16 and there were interesting and or/hilarious threads everywhere you looked, but nowadays when I look on UG I tend to just get annoyed with the huge amount of elitists, try-hard comedians and bland posts.

Another thing: the news reporting's gone downhill massively, and I used to always check the news when I came online and then end up finding my way to The Pit. Now that the news is not a draw for me, I don't end up getting to The Pit at all.

All that, and I tend to prefer electronic music over guitar-based music these days, so UG isn't so much of a draw for me, and electronic music seems to be a 'touchy' subject the a lot of close-minded UGers.

I guess a lot of people who were here before were teenagers, too, and they'll have grown up and gone to university and got jobs and stuff, and won't have the time to sit on forums all day. Also, every thread I've just looked at seems to be started by you, so maybe people just want more variety and went to seek new lands/forums/places away from you
Last edited by TheWickerMan666 at Nov 2, 2013,
I agree with TS I miss it too. I still come back every once in awhile to see who stuck around, but I do find it to be much slower paced. Plus I hate the vast amount of ONLY threads now.
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by TheWickerMan666
I've not really perused the UG forums, or had much to do with UG, for a long, long time, but having looked through the first few pages of threads there's nothing that's piqued my interest. It used to be that there'd be plenty of interesting threads and users, but now I mostly just see threads that were around years ago (So let's talk about GAYS, The ONLY anime/body modification/whatever thread, etc) and various threads that don't catch my attention. I'm sure there are still some interesting threads and users about, but nothing immediately stands out to me like it used to, and I don't have the time or motivation to search.

I used to find UG amazing when I was 14/15/16 and there were interesting and or/hilarious threads everywhere you looked, but nowadays when I look on UG I tend to just get annoyed with the huge amount of elitists, try-hard comedians and bland posts.

Pretty much this. I still find myself wandering back to UG when I've got nothing better to do, but there's usually only a couple of threads on the top page worth reading, much less replying to, so I usually wander right back out again.
Quote by TheWickerMan666

I couldn't agree more. I remember when they had the "in the van on comeback" series, I followed every single post of that like it was gold.

I remember a day when i'd open 8-10 new tabs with each interesting thread to read, now i maybe click on one or two interesting ones...
Most of us had slower internet, because of this forums and flash loading screens were way more relevant.

It's just the future man, we're too busy streaming videos, playing online games, etc.

Also I find the ylyl thread boring, it really shows the average age of the uger, and kids these days who aren't edgy enough for 4chan go to reddick or 9gagger for macro picture, remember shoop threads and demotivation pics?
Last edited by stratkat at Nov 2, 2013,
Just two more and it will be purrrrfect.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Threads are so 2004. Everyone is growing and are to busy working,studying for a career or having families. Good things always end and UG it's on it's last few breaths for socializing.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
No, it's just that nobody plays guitar anymore.

Ultimate-Sequencer.com is where it's at.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Used to be worse. I remember back in the very early days of the pit (and good old dial up) there was like eight people on here because the site got hacked when all the brodudes went to 4chan.
I think I prefer it quieter. When I first joined UG was really great but the number of members grew very quickly and to me The Pit became too fast, too daft (Icy Hot etc) and often too hostile so I stopped posting as much as I used to, which back in the day was a lot. Now though that the forums are getting quieter again I prefer it as it seems to have more of a community feel again and I'm quite happy to post in a couple of threads and be able to keep up with it.
I remember there used to be a thread about how there were 666 members online. I haven't seen anything that high in a while.
Quote by stratkat
Most of us had slower internet, because of this forums and flash loading screens were way more relevant.

It's just the future man, we're too busy streaming videos, playing online games, etc.

Also I find the ylyl thread boring, it really shows the average age of the uger, and kids these days who aren't edgy enough for 4chan go to reddick or 9gagger for macro picture, remember shoop threads and demotivation pics?

wow, we haven't had a shoop thread in so long. Or a CYOA
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
67 members?

In MY pit?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well, I agree that the Pit is losing its popularity since many users remember the 'golden days'. Hell, I've just lately been checking the forums here after ignoring them completely for quite some time.

But the thing for me is, I think I stopped being a regular here because I grew a little tired of the endless Shoop threads and miserable attempts at resurrecting some long gone glory days of the Pit. I just lost interest in that kind of humor and it's probably age related.

Well, that and I as much as I hate to admit it I started lurking on Reddit. I pretty much can't stand most of the users there but nothing beats useless links that kill time.

Either way, I'm pretty content with the stuff in here right now. It's not great but I've seen worse.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
OMG rite? bak in da ole days, lif wuz SoOO GUD and lif wuz soo much ezr. #TheGoodOledays
Skip the username, call me Billy
it died as soon as i got here
The new breed of teenagers are humorless and rude. I don't know if everyone feels that way when they start getting older but I really feel like they're different. None of them remember a phone that attached to the wall for christ's sake! I fear for what my kid's gonna be like when she grows up
Quote by mikeYekim
The new breed of teenagers are humorless and rude. I don't know if everyone feels that way when they start getting older but I really feel like they're different. None of them remember a phone that attached to the wall for christ's sake! I fear for what my kid's gonna be like when she grows up

>Kids these days
Quote by mikeYekim

Yea **** those kids for not remembering a landline phone
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Page 1 of 2