I need a good wah for reggae, but also something good for leads. I'm thinking Jerry Cantrell wah because on clean it does what I need and is pretty good for leads with the same settings. Lots of wah pedals need to be EQ'd for distortion lead or clean rhythm separately.

I'm looking for a wah sound from the beginning of "Mr. Officer" by Stone Senses. It's on itunes, sorry can't link it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq5jgYMGwQQ is a similar sound. Wah comes in at 40 seconds. This one just doesn't seem to have as much high end.

Any ideas? I'd like something that works well all over the fretboard too
My best advice is to go to your local music shop and try out everything in your price range.

I find the biggest factor in choosing a wah ( at least for me) is the feel of its sweep range. You may listen to a million demos of a wah, and think its great but as soon as you try it, you may just think its a heap because it has a weak range/sweep.

I haven't tried the Jerry Cantrell wah, so I wont comment on it. I'm personally using the ZW-45 wah because I like its sweep, and it can go from extreme bass to a high throaty tone.

Best of luck!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Thank you! I'll look into that
and yeah the 535q is pretty versatile IMO
i will always advise the fulltone clyde or an RMC of some form. yes they cost more but are worth it.

my favorite thing about the clyde is because it is built to have a physically longer sweep than other wahs. i like it. it travels nicely and has a longer sweet spot than others.

the only RMC i have played was a wizard wah somebody had a while ago who wasn't really a friend, but a fellow local musician had one and it was nice. great wah.

kitty has one she always recommends which is the chi-wah-wah it sounds good and is slightly odd, but i can't give a sound recommendation, unfortunately haven't ever tried one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/