Hi. I have a Strat style guitar, and it seems to break strings more than my SG guitar.

It breaks mostly at the saddles, so I'm guessing something is choking the strings.
What is the best way to lessen the choke of the strings at the saddle point?

Note that this guitar has piezos in the saddles, so sanding the saddles is out of question.

What else can I do besides lower the action?
Which strings are you using? Gauge? How old do they get before they break? What style of music do you play? Are you doing 3+ fret bends often? What kind of pick do you use? Did you check for a bur or non-smooth saddle slot where the string is breaking?
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Link to what bridge exactly you have? I can't imagine you'll break the piezo system from a little sanding.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by dgonz
Which strings are you using? Gauge? How old do they get before they break? What style of music do you play? Are you doing 3+ fret bends often? What kind of pick do you use? Did you check for a bur or non-smooth saddle slot where the string is breaking?

Ernie Ball Power Slinky. About 1-2 months old. Style is very versatile (alt rock to metal for ballpark) I do at least at least 2 halfstep bends a bit. I use green tortex. Don't really see any burs. A bit of rust on the piezo pieces, but sanding those would break them I believe.

This is the bridge I use btw (with a trem though)

LR Baggs xbridge style bridge.
If you play a lot, strings breaking after 1-2 months of playing isn't too uncommon. I tend to break Ernie Balls rather easily, more so than Boomers or D'Adarrio I use, and I use 11 gauge. I play various styles, have a rather agressive string attack and bend a lot. I burn through a green tortex in one live set.

So, that string life could be normal for you. Try a different brand and see if that changes.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker