Hey UG,
A friend and I are planning to go on holiday at the beginning of December, but can't really agree on where to go.
I suggested Berlin, as there is a lot of culture, history, and I'm a big fan of the Christmas markets (and live music). She wants to go somewhere sunny but with interesting things to do, and has been looking at the Canary Islands.

The prices are roughly similar, so that's not a deciding factor.
Do any of you guys have any suggestions or experiences of either of these places that might help us to decide?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Berlin. This shouldn't even be a question, bro.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
Berlin. This shouldn't even be a question, bro.

Hi , This is the op's best friend who wanted to go somewhere warm.
why shouldn't it even be a question? Do you know of any awesome places to go/things to do in Berlin?
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
As a surfer I need to say the Canary Islands.
"Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a hollywood basement."
Berlin for techno.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Berlin vs. Canary Islands..

Hmm.. that's a tough one. Maybe you should improve your CONCENTRATION so you can focus on the real issues and figure out which CAMP you fall into.
Quote by progdude93
Berlin vs. Canary Islands..

Hmm.. that's a tough one. Maybe you should improve your CONCENTRATION so you can focus on the real issues and figure out which CAMP you fall into.

Such funnie. I laff so hard. Omg.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Such funnie. I laff so hard. Omg.

my detective skills are telling me you're misspelling these words purposefully, but my experience tells me you are truly dumb enough to both find it funny AND misspell those words.

so.
Berlin. There is literally always something going on there. I went there for 5 nights earlier this year and I was never bored once. You can go sightseeing or if you don't want to do that then you could go for a nice relaxing walk/bike ride through Tiergarten. Go to any number of the museums that are there and then there's the night life which is amazing and this is coming from someone who usually despises clubbing.
Berlin is awesome. Best nightlife for any place i've been apart from thailand and festivals.

Plus cheap beer, food and history.
I think in winter the Canaries would be like 10-15 degrees Celsius. I'd personally go to Berlin.
Thanks for all of the suggestions! We've got a lot of stuff to talk about, and a few awful jokes to ignore :P
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
The Canary Islands are about 18.7°C during December. Not cold, but hardly hot.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
The Canary Islands are about 18.7°C during December. Not cold, but hardly hot.

I've been twice in December and it was mid 20's both times.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
The Canaries: bunch of volcanic islands, lots of beach, cocktails and party all the time.
Berlin: beer, parties, indulge in local masterpieces like the Berlinerbol, while having the opportunity to visit some historical places.

If it were me, I'd get bored pretty ****ing quick on the Canaries. Not that I'd like to go someday
Quote by captainsnazz
Canary Islands. How is this even a question?

lol, this
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...