Can you use it? i was just wondering if it would be okay... its meant to be outside and stand the harsh whether like rain, snow, high heat etc... so do you think it would work on a guitar?
If plywood will hold up then PT surely will. I don't know how it would sound. The only benefit to making a guitar out of it, that I can see, is that you wouldn't have to finish it. Unless it just happened to sound amazing.

Society doesn't progress unless people try new things though, that's for sure.
I bet you'd have a lot of corrosion on the hardware and electronics due to the chemicals in the wood. You also can't finish it at all unless you leave it out in the weather for a while to get the chemicals out of the wood. Anything you put on it will just peel off.
Quote by poppameth
I bet you'd have a lot of corrosion on the hardware and electronics due to the chemicals in the wood. You also can't finish it at all unless you leave it out in the weather for a while to get the chemicals out of the wood. Anything you put on it will just peel off.

+1 PT contains copper, arsenic and lots of other things.

Another thing to consider is most PT wood is some form of Pine. Pine is a very soft wood that may not be great for holding hardware in the long run.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you want an ugly green piece of fencing as your guitar, sure. I don't know if you knew this or not, but the wood is green from chemicals used in the pressure treating process.
You'd be better off to make the guitar out of Cedar if you are wanting an outdoor guitar(Why in the ****?) as Cedar has pretty well similar characteristics to Pressure Treated Lumber naturally.
Softwood usually is not good for solid body guitars at all. I can't remember the last time I saw a non-hardwood guitar actually.
..I was watching my death.
Well Cedar, more commonly Spanish Cedar is actually great to build guitars from
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Invader Jim
The first Broadcasters/Telecasters were pine

But not with extra chemicals in the wood.

I have never seen a Pine Tele, but I have heard they sound great
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate