Thought I'd share this one with UG as I've been hankering after a guitar made by this chap for some time.
However, I wasn't sure I wanted to plump for a full custom job without ever having played one...

Fast forward to a friday night on guitar forums and a link to ebay and I picked this up the following day.

// Drum roll // ...run away now if you're on 56K..

Laydeeeez, Gentlemen and Djentlefolk, I give you, my shiny, new(ish) and in excellent condition, Jaden Rose Series 2.

And finally!

This isn't the usual NGD of something shiny with a nice top on. To call this "just" a very very well made guitar though, really doesn't do it justice.

In the interest of avoiding NGD gushing, I'm going to leave it there and go back to playing with my new toy

Perhaps I'll post a mini review when the kids are in bed
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Nice.
Do you like the pickup switch where it is? It's a non-standard location, obviously.
I'd probably prefer the volume knob a *bit* closer to the bridge/bridge pickup as well.
Top is "bent" to follow the top contour?
Any idea of the fretboard radius?
Hngd!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Nice

Was this that on the MLF who has been trying to sell this for an age? Cool guitar

Dman iirc it's the 'JP' style configuration for the switching. Works really well if your disciplined with your right arm.

Iirc it's a 20' radius board similar profile to an original Wizard.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thx folks.

Tom dunno - the guy I bought it from has loads of Jaden guitars. It was in the grand to spend thread, jaden pointed to the link on eBay and it all went from there
He's got others for sale if you're feeling flush

Dspell - have a look here http://www.jadenroseguitars.com/series-2/series-2

Hopefully that answers your qs. It feels fast, but it's still comfortable and definitely not too thin. It makes a real nice change to feel the wood too

I'm getting on alright with the controls, quite like where they are. The switch is the coil splitting variety. Not my cup of tea but don't plan on changing it as it may come in handy one day.

There's a very good chance that one day I'll be after a custom.
Garden could use a tidy up if you don't mind too Phil. My usual "man" isn't about don't you know
Simply sexy!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's a sweet looking axe man! HNGD

Maybe its time for some while your guitar djently weeps?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNGD! The true color of wood is quite lovely. Cheers!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Maybe its time for some while your guitar djently weeps?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by -Ed-

Dspell - have a look here http://www.jadenroseguitars.com/series-2/series-2

Hopefully that answers your qs. It feels fast, but it's still comfortable and definitely not too thin. It makes a real nice change to feel the wood too

I'm getting on alright with the controls, quite like where they are. The switch is the coil splitting variety. Not my cup of tea but don't plan on changing it as it may come in handy one day.

I read the specs earlier, but some folks have bits and pieces on their guitars that don't follow the spec sheet, particularly when it's an older/used guitar. For example, the current standard radius on a Carvin DC-145 these days is 12", but I have one with a 15" radius and another with a 16" radius, both of which were standards at one point.

So if the switch is a single coil split, does that mean you don't have a switch for pickups? I usually prefer to have a separate coil split for each humbucker; the neck pickup often sounds cleaner split while the bridge does better as a full-on humbucker. I sort of prefer the master volume where I can reach it for pinky swells. That one looks to be a bit far away.