Page 1 of 2
Perhaps this should be posted in the promote your band section but lets face it, no one is ever in there. My band Upon Wreckoning is going to have a chance to play the Everything is Bigger in Texas Fest II and needs votes to help make it happen. I'll return the favor if you need a crit or something like that.

Here's the poll...
https://apps.facebook.com/opinionpolls/poll?pid=ACLEszZqw2Y&_

And here's my bandage in case you want to hear what you're voting for...
https://www.facebook.com/uponwreckoning?directed_target_id=0
i like how you said "lets face it" like that was some sort of controversial statement or something

anyways i deleted facebook or i would probably vote for you
you're a stone fox
haha we are using back tracks for now. We can't find a capable bassist and drummer in my area, it sucks
Upon Wreckoning? Generic metalcore/post-hardcore name if I've ever heard one.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You know that it's spelt 'reckoning', right?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
You know that it's spelt 'reckoning', right?

Todd, you obviously don't understand. I'll try and explain it to you, though. 'Wreckoning' is a portmanteu (which doesn't mean a pair of sailors, chortle) of 'wreck' and 'recko...

Nah, I can't keep this up, it's a pretty feckin' awful name.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Todd, you obviously don't understand. I'll try and explain it to you, thought. 'Wreckoning' is a portmanteu (which doesn't mean a pair of sailors, chortle) of 'wreck' and 'recko...

Nah, I can't keep this up, it's a pretty feckin' awful name.

It's upsetting when to give the benefit of the doubt you have to assume someone can't spell.
Listened to some of your stuff. Not too familiar with the genre, but it sounded like what I expected. Take that as you will.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Almost as upsetting as when you find Milky Bar dessert pots in the fridge rather than Rolo ones.

Or discover that what you thought was chocolate chip it actually blueberry.
Or Thai rather than a woman.
Not even 20 posts in and UG's already insulted TS, the Thai and two types of fruit.

OT I don't have facebook but y'know good luck, may the band with the most friends win.
Quote by Basti95
Not even 20 posts in and UG's already insulted TS, the Thai and two types of fruit.

OT I don't have facebook but y'know good luck, may the band with the most friends win.

We haven't said anything about the mentally ******ed or the gays...
Quote by Todd Hart

Normally I would remedy that but i've just been unbanned and don't want any unsavoury quotes in my name.
Thanks for that person who voted haha. Yeah I agree the name could be better, i think its the word "Upon" that makes it kinda generic. Maybe we should just change it to just "Wreckoning"? My band mate recommended "Lunar Wilderness" idk how I feel about that though.
Fact is there is quite the opposite of any wilderness on the moon

edit: just plain The Wreckoning is a bit of an improvement tho
Last edited by Basti95 at Nov 3, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart

My mom tries to get me to eat my vegetables, but it's so goddamn hard to digest a wheelchair.

Also, what do you call it when a gay rapper makes lots of money?
fruitcake.

Satisified?
Quote by profmcnasty
I'll return the favor if you need a crit or something like that.

Voted. It actually was ok stuff, I thought. A bit Djenty, but

Anyway, now could you please crit my song lyrics? Thanks.
Quote by profmcnasty
haha we are using back tracks for now. We can't find a capable bassist and drummer in my area, it sucks

Nigga I play bass and I'm in Texas get real nigga
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
The name Upon Wreckoning is pretty metalcore. I checked the music out. Intro was all like, "never heard a heavy band do this before." Drums were like, bass pedals. Guitar 1 was like, chug chug in that cheesy metalcore guitar tone. Guitar 2 was like, twidly twidly twidly. So, I dunno, maaaaaaaaaaan.
Last edited by McArsonist at Nov 4, 2013,
Quote by profmcnasty
Thanks for that person who voted haha. Yeah I agree the name could be better, i think its the word "Upon" that makes it kinda generic. Maybe we should just change it to just "Wreckoning"? My band mate recommended "Lunar Wilderness" idk how I feel about that though.

Any thing with "Wreckoning" in it is bad.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Basti95
edit: just plain The Wreckoning is a bit of an improvement tho

its an improvement in the sense a bandage might help a severed arm.

@ts you need to change your name. now
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Well since you guys are all-knowing and write such great music, what name do you suggest we change it to? And what could we do to not sound like "metalcore"?
I don't know anything about music, but I think you'd be better off if you removed the W.
Quote by profmcnasty
...what could we do to not sound like "metalcore"?

Stop listening to The Black Dahlia Murder.
Quote by profmcnasty
Well since you guys are all-knowing and write such great music, what name do you suggest we change it to? And what could we do to not sound like "metalcore"?

prof. mcnasty is a pretty good band name
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by profmcnasty

"Titties and Beer"
Quote by profmcnasty

1) Most of these idiots have no idea what "Metalcore" actually is. They think bands like The Black Dahlia Murder and such are Metalcore. Well, when one of them can explain to us all what Hardcore influence that crop of bands have, then maybe I'll start taking their idea on "Metalcore" seriously. Actual Metalcore bands have hardcore influence through and through. End of story.
2) Your band sounds just fine. It's just modern metal.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Nov 4, 2013,
Let's face it, no one posts outside the pit because folk like you keep posting this nonsense here instead because you can't be patient for a few minutes. Lay off the ritalin.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
1) Most of these idiots have no idea what "Metalcore" actually is. They think bands like The Black Dahlia Murder and such are Metalcore. Well, when one of them can explain to us all what Hardcore influence that crop of bands have, then maybe I'll start taking their idea on "Metalcore" seriously. Actual Metalcore bands have hardcore influence through and through. End of story.
2) Your band sounds just fine. It's just modern metal.

haha I don't listen to BDM...And I posted here cause I knew people WOULD reply. I posted in the promote your band section awhile back with no luck
Page 1 of 2