Hey guys and gals and those of unspecified/unknown gender. I just joined today. Hurray!!! anyways need some help here. I'm looking to get a Jason Newsted kinda tone and I'm having trouble choosing a wah. I've been told that he used a PWF. So I'm looking to choose between a weeping demon, a crybaby 105q, a power wah volume, and a morley pba 2. I bought a pba (the blue one) and that seems to lack both range and wah intensity. Any suggestions???
Welcome to the Bass forum! We could use some new faces around here. Nowadays, I believe Nested is using the 105q. I own one and I think it's great. That being said, I haven't had the opportunity to try many others except the Weeping Demon, and it's been forever since I played one to compare. Newsted did use Cliff's Morley Power Wah for a while if you're looking for that sound. I know a lot of the Black Album concerts have him using that wah.
The Cry Baby Bass Wah is considered the old standby, and it is a good one. I cannot advise you on most of the other ones. I thought that the Ibanez Weeping Demon was for guitar? A guitar what pedal might work for you, but then again, it might work in the wrong frequency range for bass.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
The Cry Baby Bass Wah is considered the old standby, and it is a good one. I cannot advise you on most of the other ones. I thought that the Ibanez Weeping Demon was for guitar? A guitar what pedal might work for you, but then again, it might work in the wrong frequency range for bass.

The Weeping Demon is a guitar pedal, but it has a "low" mode that works pretty swell for bass too.
So after much debate with myself. It looks like im going with a weeping demon or the tremonti power wah. I also heard that the wah needs to have a high gain input acceptance???