i've been searching for a new guitar with the next specs:
-Floyd Rose ( a good one)
-24 Fret
-Coil split
I play gnr, led zeppelin,deep purple, acdc, megadeth, slayer, skid row, avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, sum 41, allister, the starting line, the ataris, paul gilbert, steve vai, buckethead, van halen, etc basically hard rock-metal-shred-pop punk,

So i found:
-Schecter hellraiser c1 fr
-Jackson dkm2
-Ltd mh1000
-Charvel so cal

Well, the schecter seems to have a nice floyd (1000) but some guys say that the emg's with the coil tap suck, that doesn't sound like the normal emg's or a strat.

The Jackson is gorgeous and comes with the 59 and jazz but i'm not quite sure about how good the "Recessed Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 double-locking tremolo" is ,some say it's a licensed or a special, any thoughts about it ?

The ltd is very similar to the schecter, maybe a thinner neck but it doesn't have coil split

The so cal is only 22 fret and the floyd only dives i think

What other guitars fit my budget?? 24 fret, floyd and maybe a coil split
Quote by TheFlyingTaco
i've been searching for a new guitar with the next specs:
-Floyd Rose ( a good one)
-24 Fret
-Coil split
I play gnr, led zeppelin,deep purple, acdc, megadeth, slayer, skid row, avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine, sum 41, allister, the starting line, the ataris, paul gilbert, steve vai, buckethead, van halen, etc basically hard rock-metal-shred-pop punk,

So i found:
-Schecter hellraiser c1 fr
-Jackson dkm2
-Ltd mh1000
-Charvel so cal

Well, the schecter seems to have a nice floyd (1000) but some guys say that the emg's with the coil tap suck, that doesn't sound like the normal emg's or a strat.

The Jackson is gorgeous and comes with the 59 and jazz but i'm not quite sure about how good the "Recessed Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 double-locking tremolo" is ,some say it's a licensed or a special, any thoughts about it ?

The ltd is very similar to the schecter, maybe a thinner neck but it doesn't have coil split

The so cal is only 22 fret and the floyd only dives i think

What other guitars fit my budget?? 24 fret, floyd and maybe a coil split

The Floyd on the Jackson is effectively exactly the same as the one on the Schecter. The "FRT-Ox0000" models are all alike, the number represented by the x denotes the finish. The 1000 is chrome, the 2000 is black. Essentially the same as the OFR, but made in Korea.

If you see a designation of "FRT-Sx0000", that's referring to the Floyd Special, which uses some zinc parts instead of steel.

As to the Charvel, it depends on which run it's from. If it's from the discontinued US or Japanese lines, the Floyds are top-mounted, so depending on how you set them up they might be dive only. The current Mexican Pro-mods have a recessed Floyd.

I hesitate to make a recommendation in this case, because my love of Jackson/Charvel blinds me to the other options! What can I say, I'd love to add one of the new DK2Ms to my two Japanese DK2Ms, and a So-Cal would go down nicely too...

And if you're handy with a soldering iron, the coil split can be done yourself. So long as the pickup is a 4-conductor model - and nearly all humbuckers are - you can just install a push/pull pot and boom.
Godin has the Freeway SA, xtSA, and the (discontinued) Velocity which will all be well-made MiC(anada) guitars with lots of versatility and fairly hot pickups. The only flaw is that ALL of them are 22 fret. You could do a lot worse. All are somewhere around your price range new.

The Fernandes Revolver is a 24 fret superstrat available in a variety of configurations, including passive or active pickups, and even a 7-string. The entry-level versions start around $300, the high-end JP (MiJ) models can exceed $1300. The FR trems vary from LFRs of sime kind up to Gotohs. As a whole, Fenandes guitars are aimed at hard rock & metal players, so their pickups are hotter than most, and their necks are on the slender side of the spectrum.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Nov 3, 2013,
The Japanese made Jackson and Charvels would be great.

An Ibanez RG or S series would be good too as long as it is a made in Japan model or one of the early (early 90's) made in Korea models with the Edge or the Lo-TRS versions swapped out with an OFR. You can find both of those pretty cheap on the used market. There are Japanese made Ibanez's going on eBay for under $500 all year long.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
For something a little different, the Reverend Kingbolt RA and Bayonet W are both 22 fret guitars, but both are well-made MiK guitars with fairly high output HBs. Despite similar shapes, the Kingbolt is a 25.5" scale with a hot bridge pickup and a relatively mainstream neck pickup; the Bayonet has the same bridge pickup, a hotter neck pickup and is 24.75" scale.

Instead of coil-splitting, Reverends offer a bass contour knob, which basically does for the lower end of the scale what the tone knob does for the higher notes.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My most versatile guitar was a Carvin DC-145 (H-S-H configuration superstrat), with a 5-way pickup selector, a bridge pickup add-in switch, a pair of coil tap switches. Master Volume, master tone. Standard 25" ebony fretboard, fender-type trem (Floyds are available), 24-fret, neck-through construction (no clunky neck heel), mahogany body and neck with a quilted maple cap.

I still have it, but I say "was" because the current Variax JTV-89F has supplanted it. Unfortunately, out of your price range, but worth knowing about nonetheless. http://line6.com/jtv-89f/features
It doesn't have a FR, but it has a great trem, the PRS CE24 fits your description
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Instead of coil-splitting, Reverends offer a bass contour knob, which basically does for the lower end of the scale what the tone knob does for the higher notes.

That's interesting.

Worth noting that what we call a "tone knob" is nothing more than a treble roll-off. Seems silly that we get so bent over capacitor values on the things. The reissue of the Gibson L6S has a bass roll-off as well (fixed frequency, variable value). The original L6S, however, has an even more useful mids roll-off (again, a fixed frequency with variable value. Gary Brawer in a Guitar Player article in an April issue (two years ago?) published the recipe for a passive mids cut on a push-pull (these things appear in Neal Schon's guitars). In this case the amount is fixed, but the frequency is variable. One of my guitars has a Chandler Tone-X, which is an *active* mids boost on a push-pull, with the amount of boost (about 16 dB) fixed and the frequency sweepable. Think boosted parked wah (it needs a 9V in the control cavity). Awesome for leads. And, of course, there are active preamps like Carvin's (about $120) that remove the standard Les Paul quad and replace it with active controls: master volume, master treble and master bass (boost and cut of 15 dB on each) and a blend knob, as well as coil taps and a phase switch.
Well, yesterday i went to a local store and found the Ltd mh 1000 fr for a good price: $635 brand new, it had a chrome style floyd rose but i've seen ltd's mh with the floyd black

So i'm confused about it, the chrome is the original floyd from the old mh's models and the black is the floyd 1000 series from the new oones or both are the floyd 1000??
Last edited by TheFlyingTaco at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by TheFlyingTaco
Well, yesterday i went to a local store and found the Ltd mh 1000 fr for a good price: $635 brand new, it had a chrome style floyd rose but i've seen ltd's mh with the floyd black

So i'm confused about it, the chrome is the original floyd from the old mh's models and the black is the floyd 1000 series from the new oones or both are the floyd 1000??

They make Gold, Chrome and Black colors in every range of FR I have ever seen.

The FR1000 is actually made by FR so it is not a "licensed" version. That is why there is a lot of confusion because OEM refers to them as a OFR a lot
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 6, 2013,