I'm about to get cables and I'd appreciate some advice from you guys.

1- What references can you give me about solderless cable kits? I'm interested on a couple of the high end kits from Lava. Any input?

2- I want a pedal snake, so what would be a better idea, to build one and wrap it with the Cable Phyton or to buy one directly from Lava or PedalSnake.com?

Thank you guys!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
bump

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
1. Planet Waves or Bullet Cable Slug. Easy to make variable length patch cords. Not a very solid connection compared to soldered. You can buy a low capacitance cable & plugs separately, have it soldered yourself or someone else do it. The end result will be about 60% cheaper & reliable as well compared to the kits above.

2.The pedalsnake that you buy from their website(pedalsnake.com) is awesome. It will be less noisy & more flexible compared to cheap cables grouped in a cable management kit. On the other hand if you have certain quality cables in mind that you either have or are considering then perhaps the cable phython route may seem like the way to go. For some inexpensive quality cables that are durable & really good sound quality I'd recommend the Planet Waves American Stage ones. You can save a few bucks & go DIY route here as well.
Quote by Perverockstar69
I'm about to get cables and I'd appreciate some advice from you guys.

1- What references can you give me about solderless cable kits? I'm interested on a couple of the high end kits from Lava. Any input?

2- I want a pedal snake, so what would be a better idea, to build one and wrap it with the Cable Phyton or to buy one directly from Lava or PedalSnake.com?

Thank you guys!

1- I'm not a huge fan of solderless cable kits. Lava now offers a soldered version of their Lava mini connectors and cable, so that might be worth looking into if you're handy with a soldering iron. Honestly, I think someone with no soldering experience (but a little practice beforehand) might be able to make better cables with the soldered stuff than someone who is pro at assembling the solderless ones. I just don't trust solderless connections; not a matter of if they'll fail, but when.

Aside from that, I like Lava stuff. I've got a few of their cheaper cables (Magma maybe?), and they've done me right for quite a while.

2- Can't comment on pedal snakes. I guess if you've got a lot of connections to make when setting up or tearing down it could be useful. I'm a big DIY guy, so I'd probably just buy the stuff and wrap my own, but I've heard the Pedalsnake stuff is really nice.
I just bought the Pedal Python, I'm gonna build my own pedal snake, still trying to choos my cables though, I'm between Mogami, Orange or Lava... I do have a soldering pencil, which plugs would you recommend me, do you think the Lava are already really good? What about Switchcraft

Thank you all...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich
Lava plugs if you want stuff to be close together if you have a packed board. Also, GLS pancake jacks are small. Switchcraft is solid stuff if you just want standard right angle plugs and aren't worried about space. For bulk cable I'd go Lava, Mogami, Canare, etc.

For pre-built instrument cables I like Lava, Mogami, and Planet Waves. Don't think you can go wrong with any of those.
Reallu helpful chip46. Thank you!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
EQD Acapulco Gold
MXR Carbon Copy
EHX Epitome
EHX Superego
Fuzz Hugger Algal Bloom
Way Huge Fat Sandwich