Hi. So I've been looking at portable amps, and I stumbled upon the Vox Mini3 series, and I personally think it blows the Roland Cube out of the water, so I think I'm going to get one.

The question I have is, what's the difference between Mini and Mini G2?

I heard a video, and I'm guessing the modeling is improved? Is it worth the 20 extra bucks?
that's what it sounds like (and the bassilator circuit), but i've only tried the mini3
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks

I saw this and was pretty impressed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2HAG565hgA

It seems it's improved a lot, judging from a video I saw of the regular Mini3.
Usually I find solid states lacking the circuitry they need to bring more life into the tone, and it ends up sounding thin, obvious that it's solid state.
This kind of passes that threshold of being obvious of what it is, more convincing, more life to the sound.

I have to mind my budget so I can afford other equipment, but I think 20 bucks is a pretty cheap rise.
Yeah. I dunno. I bought mine before this one was released so I didn't really have any option. But yeah if you think this newer version will be better, 20 bucks isn't that much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yeah. I dunno. I bought mine before this one was released so I didn't really have any option. But yeah if you think this newer version will be better, 20 bucks isn't that much.

It's not perfect, but it sounds like I can actually get some killer tones out of it if I wanted. Mostly it's just going to be for practice/ small live situation, but with the quality, mic/acoustic in, I can't pass this up.

Was just making sure the new version was worth the money, and by how great it sounded in that video I think I'm sold.
yeah i mean even the bog standard mini3 sounds pretty good, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?