Anyone has done mods to their hollowbody guitars?

I want to change the pickups, but it's the first hollowbody I have and I don't know much about them.. I heard the TV Jones pickups are nice..

My guitar has a bigsby style vibrato, and it goes out of tune regularly, do the locking tuners apply for this type of guitar?

Also I would like to change the pickguard, does anyone know If an Epiphone Sheraton pickguard would fit the Artcore AF75TDG? A friend has one that he doesn't use and I could ask him to sell it to me

Thanks!
GEAR:
- Ibanez Artcore AF75TDGIV
- Schecter Omen 6 with EMG 81/85
- Fender Twin Reverb Reissue
- Line 6 DL4
- TC Hall Of Fame
- Blackstar HT Dual
- Diamond Compressor
- Polytune
Last edited by Shad11 at Nov 3, 2013,
Change the nut first. The nut is usually the culprit for going out of tuning using the trem.
Quote by Preacher403
Change the nut first. The nut is usually the culprit for going out of tuning using the trem.

+1 on the nut but before you change it you may try to flare it very slightly with a needle file to make sure it's not binding and lube it with a bit of lip balm.

Upon comparing pictures of both the AF75 and Sheraton pickguards, they look fairly dissimilar to me. Perhaps you could prevail upon your friend for a trial fit? If fitment turns out to be an issue, you should be able to find the proper one on the Bay in the $40/$50 range.

TV Jones puts out a very highly regarded product at a premium price. I like them a lot and believe them to sound every bit as good as Filtertrons. A similar sounding pickup that gets a little respect on this and other forums is the GFS Retrotron at something less than half of the TV Jones cost. You may want to give that a thought.
I will try changing the nut, thanks for the answers!
GEAR:
- Ibanez Artcore AF75TDGIV
- Schecter Omen 6 with EMG 81/85
- Fender Twin Reverb Reissue
- Line 6 DL4
- TC Hall Of Fame
- Blackstar HT Dual
- Diamond Compressor
- Polytune