So i posted an add on my local kijiji just for fun, I asked for a trade, my Godin Lg (which I like very much, but it really isn't my favorite guitar). A guy answered and said that he had an Ibanez S540 Prestige Custom Made 1993 and that he wanted to trade. Right now I'd be an idiot to say no, BUT the neck was broken and repaired by a professional luthier in the past, he says there's no problems and in the picture he sent me the work looks good.
Does broken neck = Loads of problems?
Thanks
ask for pictures of the neck and post
if it was a good repair job there shouldnt be any issues

also depends on where th eneck broke(im guessing around the head) but if you can try it out and it doesnt have any issues id go for it
I have an S540 like that. It has an inlay that says it' custom made right?
Well it's not custom made. It's just a regular ibanez. Pretty well built and fun to play on but he pickups are crap though.
Quote by AEnesidem
Well it's not custom made. It's just a regular ibanez. Pretty well built and fun to play on but he pickups are crap though.

+1 why would anyone order a custom made guitar that is a lower end Ibanez
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by AEnesidem

The stock pickups in my 1993 s540 were pretty decent.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
The stock pickups in my 1993 s540 were pretty decent.

I don't think it's a lwoer end model, the quality is pretty high IMO and i bought it used for €650 so it must've been around the Prestige quality range.
. Thing is, they come with those quantum pickups from Ibanez itself. It's true that they aren't horribly bad but a pickup change makes this guitar sound a lot better. But it could just be my taste.
Last edited by AEnesidem at Nov 7, 2013,
93' S540 isn't a low end guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Early S540s are great. The pickups may need to be swapped, depending on your preference though.

I would closely examine the pics of the repair. Necks that have been repaired well are often stronger than the original neck.

And all S540s of that year had "Custom Made" inlays, although they were production guitars. It's not a custom shop or anything like that, but it's still on hell of a guitar. Super thin body and neck.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+