Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Serious answer:

I went through two years of apnea training, my personal best in static was 4 minutes. The trick is to stay as relaxed as possible. My coach said all you needed was a "happy place" when you were under water. I used to just sing calm songs in my head, it also gave me a rough idea of what time I was going to get. Before doing static we also used to do some yoga to further relax the body.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Enjoy your brain damage.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Hanging is quicker than drowning
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Wow never heard of this until now but it sounds really dangerous.

If you do it you're grounded and must carry a bean bag chair or sack of sand on your back everywhere you go for a week young man!
I practiced it briefly before heading to a certain Army school, and I only got up to about 3 minutes. I never had a good breath hold, and having a better one would have helped me a lot.

Getting my breath hold back up to at least 2:30 is something I've been meaning to do, but never get around to it

For me, a one minute warmup breath hold like 4-5 minutes before a serious breath hold helped me a lot. For dynamic stuff, I did underwater swims (50m), walking apnea, running apnea, hypoxic flutter kicks, etc.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Nov 4, 2013,
Quote by SrThompson
What's the point of doing this?

if someone's trying to drown you, you can pretend that you've been drowned and then turn the tables on them when they least expect it.
Quote by progdude93
if someone's trying to drown you, you can pretend that you've been drowned and then turn the tables on them when they least expect it.

Not bad at all.