my younger brother accidentally put a liquid paper on my electric guitar and I try to remove by alcohol but it doesn't work... should I use goof off or goo gone but is it safe in electric???
I dont' want to damage my electric guitar. what should I use to remove??
any help??
Where exactly on the guitar? Guitars are these magical things that have multiple parts that all have different surfaces, which need to be treated differently.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by ozzyismetal
Where exactly on the guitar? Guitars are these magical things that have multiple parts that all have different surfaces, which need to be treated differently.

on the body
What kind of guitar? If it's a new poly coat, then goo-gone would be just find. Those thicker coats can withstand a lot more of a beating than the Nitro guitars.
Quote by JustRooster
What kind of guitar? If it's a new poly coat, then goo-gone would be just find. Those thicker coats can withstand a lot more of a beating than the Nitro guitars.

JustRooster has this mostly right -- the type of paint on the guitar can make a big difference.

Poly, no matter how thin, is impervious to most solvents, so goo-gone would probably get it done.

Lacquers (like nitrocellulose lacquer) by definition can be dissolved in their original solvent, so something like Acetone would definitely damage the paint (and BTW, nitrocellulose guitars usually have far thicker paint than most guitarists believe).