I think 4000$ for a stock guitar is way too much, but it's just my opinion. I bet you could get a Gibson les paul that sounds and feels as good for less than a quarter of that price.
Quote by Mephaphil
My R9 cost $7000, (or around that) used.

Dude. Next time you want to spend that kind of money on a used R9, book a plane to LA.
We'll pour you and your guitar back onto the plane for home, but you'll have had a MUCH better time (and the girls at the Seventh Veil will be sorry to see you go).
I'd end up paying a bomb in customs.

So you'd be doing me a disservice financially, on top of the STDs.
It looks beautiful, but I couldn't imagine myself dropping $4K on a guitar.
<insert signature here>
If I had $4000 to drop on it that I didn't feel was better spent on something else I would get it, just because I'm a huge Randy fan. If you want an actual guitar to play you're better off looking elsewhere.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

It is worth it if you think it's worth it. Some people are never going to spend more than $500 on their guitars, some people are ready to spend thousands of dollars to buy the perfect guitar. It's all about what you feel you need. So if you want that guitar and are ready to spend $4000 on it, buy it. But if you think it's overpriced, don't buy it. So simple. It's about your opinion. What something is worth is all about you.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
The main difference is that these custom shop, re-issue, or rare(ish) guitars are going to hold value much better than a 'standard' model. A Gibson Les Paul standard ($2000) will sound and play just as well I'm sure BUT will lose 25% of its value on the used market the moment you walk out of the shop with it.

Buying a custom shop or re-issue used probably won't lose any value... as long as you VERIFY it's the real deal.
If people are willing to pay $4000 for that guitar, then $4000 is what it's worth.

That's how these custom shop Gibson's, PRS's, Fender's etc. can ask for such silly amounts of money.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 4, 2013,
If I where to buy a $4000 guitar, it would actually be two guitars, and they would be custom made to my specs.

Have somebody build you that guitar. Brand new, same design, different word on the headstock.
The one I played was.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
If I where to buy a $4000 guitar, it would actually be two guitars, and they would be custom made to my specs.

Have somebody build you that guitar. Brand new, same design, different word on the headstock.

True but with almost no reslae value.
Good known replica builders will charge more than 4K for a single guitar.
Moving on.....
From what I have seen lately, Gibson has jacked the price of a Les Paul Custom up to just under US$4,000.00. I don't know if the Randy Rhoades Les Paul Custon was anything special - Randy's may have been a stock Alpine White Les Paul Custom. Unless there has been some collector interest in that model, four grand is a bit much for a guitar whose ancestor sells for the same price new, and it may be exactly the same guitar. Only you can decide if it is worth that much to you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Randy probably wouldn't even pay that much.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15