I'm having a difficult time getting my King of Tone to agree with my strat with the Fralin Blues Special pickups. They just squeal a bit too much for me. Do any of you have problems with something like that? Have you come across a pedal that can tame pups like that? Open to suggestions for any of them. If you know of any dual channel pedals that'd be cool too. Thanks!
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
By squeal do you mean feedback? If so, are you playing very close to your amp with the pups pointed at the amp?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
No not feedback, it seems to just not get along with the eq of the pedal, there isn't a happy medium where the tone knob on the pedal or on the gtr can be set in a way that's ok with me. Same with the eq of the amp, just haven't been able to find a spot that works out well. This is also my 2nd or 3rd time sitting down with this setup and trying to work something out. I'm going to try messing with the DIP switches on the inside of the pedal and see if that makes it any better/different.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Something with a bit of a darker voice so you can play out a bit more might be helpful. Borrow or try out a Fulltone OCD and see what you like from there.
Try rolling back in your guitar's tone knob, too...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
something tubescreamer-based, probably.

IIRC the KOT is bluesbreaker-based. I have the mooer bluesbreaker clone and it's pretty bright/edgy and more transparent than a ts-type.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could you describe the tones you're looking for? I use a couple different OD's (MI Audio Blues Pro, Digitech Bad Monkey) with my American Special Strat (Texas Special p'ups) and I like them both for different reasons.

Here's a couple posts of mine from a recent thread about those two OD's

Since I've went to using a Strat as my main guitar, I've tweaked my rig a bit, including how I use my two OD's. First, I'm using more preamp gain on my Jet City JCA20h, and the BP is now used for my smoother dirty tones and the BM is what I'm using for my dirtiest tones. Using singles (Texas Specials), I found that the BP's limited shaping capabilities (a single tone knob) combined with how dynamic and rather uncompressed it is, just didn't allow me to dial in the dirtiest tones I needed from my Strat. However, it works well for smoother-yet-still-dirty tones that are nice, round, and retain a lot of clarity.

The BM, with it's high and low controls and more compressed sound, is just what I need for my dirtiest tones. I'm able to dial in the amount of gain and low end I need to get a fat driven sound from the singles while at the same time dialing in the right amount of bite from the high end I desire.

The differences between the two:
- The BP has more volume and gain on tap than the BM
- The BP doesn't have as much of the TS-like mid-spike as the BM
- The BP isn't as compressed as the BM, and thus cleans up a bit better and is a touch more dynamic.
- The BM has a bit more tone-shaping capability thanks to the high and low adjustment knobs.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Last edited by sjones at Nov 5, 2013,