I like this amp model a lot, it is actually quite versatile for lots of different styles.

Here's a thrash metal demo I did yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNIHdSg0ems#t=157

Cheers,

Chris
Sounds great, nice and thick! Playing is immaculate as well, good stuff.
Also, pink-tooth-vampire-dog is gonna give me nightmares!
Damn, tight playing. Pretty killer song. The guitar tone has lots of pressure. They moddeled the Engl's characteristic mid presence very well. Sounds better then the tones I milk out of my Engl to be honest :p. I'm a bit shabby with micing though.

The high mids still sound a bit fizzy though. Like transistor fizzy. Maybe try mucking arround with some different speaker emulation to see if one of them makes it more real? It's giving of kind of a Randall vibe though, not really disturbing, but could be a bit more buttery.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
Quote by pinguinpanic
Damn, tight playing. Pretty killer song. The guitar tone has lots of pressure. They moddeled the Engl's characteristic mid presence very well. Sounds better then the tones I milk out of my Engl to be honest :p. I'm a bit shabby with micing though.

The high mids still sound a bit fizzy though. Like transistor fizzy. Maybe try mucking arround with some different speaker emulation to see if one of them makes it more real? It's giving of kind of a Randall vibe though, not really disturbing, but could be a bit more buttery.

Yeah, I hear that too, kind of gives it a solid-state sound. I have noticed it even more with some of the other stuff I have done with Amplitube. I'll see if it is something I can eliminate, but, like you, it doesn't really bother me. But the ability to make it more realistic *would* be nice.

And the two rhythm guitar tracks are comped from ten takes I did on the song so don't think I am some super tight player, I'm not hehe.

Chris
chris,
My ears are quite sensitive to high frequencies: I hear the fizz also. At least with the Line 6 high gain amp models, cutting the EQ (narrow band/Q is usually good) at around 7,000 Hz (you gotta experiment) often helps with the fizz. This fizz is quite fatiguing for my ears (I have been known to hear ultra-sonic alarm systems: very uncomfortable; just call me "dog ears"). The playing is tight & the riffs are good for the genre. Perhaps you can review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1620472