This is very badly arranged.

As for mixing, it's hard to tell since it's arranged this way and it's highly dependent on your sample library capabilities. Arranging is, in basic terms, which parts you give to which instruments and how they are played. It's literally impossible to judge the mixing and samples since they seem to be misused in this arrangement.
Quote by Aralingh
This is very badly arranged.

As for mixing, it's hard to tell since it's arranged this way and it's highly dependent on your sample library capabilities. Arranging is, in basic terms, which parts you give to which instruments and how they are played. It's literally impossible to judge the mixing and samples since they seem to be misused in this arrangement.

by what standards are you judging? how would you improve it?

unless you were at all trying to imitate a real orchestra, i don't find it that bad. it would be fine in an old school videogame or something. you overuse the horns though, in my opinion.

i really like how you did the verse riff, by the way. that part with just the strings and woodwind.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Nov 4, 2013,
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
by what standards are you judging? how would you improve it?

unless you were at all trying to imitate a real orchestra, i don't find it that bad. it would be fine in an old school videogame or something. you overuse the horns though, in my opinion.

i really like how you did the verse riff, by the way. that part with just the strings and woodwind.

I would definitely add more dynamics and variate the parts between different instruments, make it more dynamic in terms of rhythm variation. I'm judging by the standards of orchestras here, if you compare this arrangement to orchestral music, you will notice there is a lot of variation in instrument melodies and rhythm which is absent here.