I like the early riffs and the riffs towards the end, they have a jazzy/prog feel. could definitely see prog death lyrics over it ala "Individual Thought Patterns" or some other earlier albums. Guitar solo is pretty rough but since you did it live it's probably not a big deal. I feel like it'll be better as a finished product.

I guess I don't see the "doom" in this though (i'm not hugely into the genre, but isn't it generally very slow and heavy?). What bands are an influence here?
Isolation is a gift. All the others are a test of your endurance.
Quote by kalaloch131$
I like the early riffs and the riffs towards the end, they have a jazzy/prog feel. could definitely see prog death lyrics over it ala "Individual Thought Patterns" or some other earlier albums. Guitar solo is pretty rough but since you did it live it's probably not a big deal. I feel like it'll be better as a finished product.

I guess I don't see the "doom" in this though (i'm not hugely into the genre, but isn't it generally very slow and heavy?). What bands are an influence here?

Not all doom has to be as slow and heavy as say, Electric Wizard. My influence is always Black Sabbath/Tony Iommi. I take those concepts (chromatic riffing in this case) and then try to make them my own. I'm actually glad that you're questioning my influences because I always try to sound like me.

Edit: Also Dethklok for the classical bouncing 4th's lick and Ritchie Blackmore for the little arpeggio break in the solo.
Last edited by xHellbound at Nov 4, 2013,
xH,
This is more like 70's hard rock/metal to me, which I like much better than the (more modern) doom metal I've heard. Could use some vocals & some of the playing could be tighter, though I like some of the riffs. I like the lead guitar! This is the happiest doom metal I have ever heard (take that as a compliment). Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1620472
Quote by aaron aardvark
xH,
This is more like 70's hard rock/metal to me, which I like much better than the (more modern) doom metal I've heard. Could use some vocals & some of the playing could be tighter, though I like some of the riffs. I like the lead guitar! This is the happiest doom metal I have ever heard (take that as a compliment). Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1620472

I have to find someone on the forums to help me with vocals, cause I can't sing. Lol.