At work and can't check - but I currently have a Peavey Transtube 212 efx amp. If I were to buy a head, could I hook it up to the 2 speakers in my Peavey and use the head as the input?

Looking at getting a Orange Micro Terror and wasn't sure if that would work or if I should buy a small cab for it as well. Thanks all.
No, you'd have to wire the speakers to a 1/4'' male plug.

Also, the Micro Terror isn't much of an upgrade.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
No, you'd have to wire the speakers to a 1/4'' male plug.

Also, the Micro Terror isn't much of an upgrade.

It's rather large for the room I am playing in. I normally had it in the garage but the cold weather is here and I needed to move it indoors. Listened to several video's and whatnot and loved the Orange's sound. Throw a pedal in front of it and you can blast some pretty awesome tones.
Make sure to try before you buy.

Not sure what impedance the speakers in the Peavey are, but basically you'd solder the + wires to one lug and - wired to the other in the 1/4'' connector.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
And apparently I am braindead today. Hooking it up to my Peavey still wouldn't solve the space issues. Haha, mondays!
Oh, you meant like that? I though you meant it was too loud. Hahahah, yeah. Mondays.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Sell the Peavey and use the money towards the Orange and a 1x12? Just make sure the Orange can meet your needs; i.e., clean headroom, lound enough for your current situation (jamming alone or with a band), enough gain, proper voicing, etc.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Sell the Peavey and use the money towards the Orange and a 1x12? Just make sure the Orange can meet your needs; i.e., clean headroom, lound enough for your current situation (jamming alone or with a band), enough gain, proper voicing, etc.

I'm just a bedroom guitarist. Used to play in bands and whatnot but I just enjoy playing along to some music and just piddling about really. Nothing too serious!
Well, instead of going out and buying a new amp (if you're currently happy with your set up), why not look into some computer modeling software/interface packages like the UX1 and POD Farm. It's like $100 for a good quality set up for playing quiet and recording as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by ibrahimasood
no question is every dumb

no ansir is always rite
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You could put the peavey on clean setting and run the micro terror output into the peavey input. I wouldn't recommend a micro terror though, I had one and it was incredibly thin and honky sounding, with minimal tone variation.
Quote by Br0c00ler
You could put the peavey on clean setting and run the micro terror output into the peavey input. I wouldn't recommend a micro terror though, I had one and it was incredibly thin and honky sounding, with minimal tone variation.

That's not how amps work. You'll blow the head this way.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Oh lordy!

Just checked my local GC's used section and there is a used Peavey Valve King 112 for 189.99 in great shape. What do!?? Will it produce decent metal sounds with a pedal?
To clarify, I play a variety of:

Maiden, ACDC, Metallica, Pantera, Machine Head, Gojira, Terror, etc. I play some rockabilly stuff as well, such as Rev. Horton Heat.
Quote by LaidBack
no ansir is always rite

I'm such a numpty lol
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by Dinglebuttz
Oh lordy!

Just checked my local GC's used section and there is a used Peavey Valve King 112 for 189.99 in great shape. What do!?? Will it produce decent metal sounds with a pedal?

Go play it and see if you like it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate