Hey all

To start off, yes I've done some searching, both specifically on this forum and via Google, and have not yet been able to find a similar problem. I may simply be looking in the wrong places, though, so please bear with me.

I'm running into regular string buzz (like what you may find if fretting incorrectly, or if the frets themselves aren't set properly), but what is baffling me is that this only appears in specific places, one note in particular: F# (standard).

Second and twelfth frets of the low E, ninth fret of the A, fourth fret of the D.

Nowhere else on the guitar is there buzzing to that degree, so frankly I'm a little bit stumped.
It's a standard Squier Strat, nothing remotely fancy.
If anyone would happen to have some hint as to what sort of problem I'm dealing with, it would be much appreciated ^_^.
With any guitar, it's absolutely important that your frets are level.

Check that (or have a good tech check it) first.
Gotta be something to do with resonant frequency, I'd look into that. Not sure how it would be solved though.
is something buzzing in the bridge, or anywhere else? it doesn't sound like it'd be the frets.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by dspellman
With any guitar, it's absolutely important that your frets are level.

Check that (or have a good tech check it) first.

Thanks for the tip. Since this is a relatively new issue, and I've been using this guitar for over a year, would you know of anything which might have contributed to the frets becoming unstable in that sense?

Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
is something buzzing in the bridge, or anywhere else? it doesn't sound like it'd be the frets.

The buzzing seems to originate near where the fretboard meets the pickups, regardless of which F# position I'm playing (among those I listed in the first post).