SUP. I've got a schecter omen 7 diamond series guitar. I'm about to get a POD HD500 in the mail soon and I'm worried that the pickups on this guitar are too shitty to achieve the tone I want. I want a (Dare i say it) Djent tone. Tight chugging ability and clarity in complex chords. I know you guys are going to say that 90% of a djent tone is in the hands and yes I agree with you, but there's no way to achieve pristine clarity in a chord by strumming differently when your tone sounds muddy. I'm working with a pretty flexible budget so feel free to suggest top of the line things, bonus points if someone can recommend me a fairly cheap set of pickups that would get the job done.

Thanks in advance.
Obligatory BKP's suggestion
Ibanez Art100 (DiMarzio Evo in bridge)
Epiphone Goldtop (SD Black Winters
6505+ Head
Avatar 2x12 (Eminence Gov/Swamp Thang)
I would just get yourself a set of D Activator 7s and save yourself some cash.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
On the BKPs, the Aftermath and Painkiller pickups are usually the go-to choice for the "djent" tone: usually described as tight and "dry" sounding with lots of mids. A lot of their modern (and even vintage hot) models have been used for it though, so might be worth sending them an email/checking the forums if you're interested. People are always happy to help.
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Thanks everyone, I've been to bareknuckle.co.uk before. Those we're going to be my last resort as I'm kind of impatient with these sort of things haha, I'll check out those D-Activator 7's.