So im looking to buy a new guitar but im not exactly sure which type/brand to go for.
Im a real RHCP fan so would prefer getting a guitar with that style of sound.

Any suggestions would be of great help.
What kind of amp are you playing on?
Is this your first guitar, or are you upgrading? If you're upgrading, what other guitars do you own?
Most importantly, what is your price range?

Answering those questions will allow everyone to be able to give you much better advice.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Get a guitar that feels good in your hands. If you got time , or extra money .... you can always put in better pickups that sound better and better pots and caps.
Im upgrading guitars, i currently use a epiphone junior model and a Orange Amp Crush CR12L.
My price range is up to $1000.
Thanks
Fender Strat. RHCP has been using strats since the beginning and their soud just screams strat.
Quote by AEnesidem
Fender Strat. RHCP has been using strats since the beginning and their soud just screams strat.

I agree with this. Whenever I first saw your question I thought, "He should buy a strat," and $1000 should be able to get you a nice one. The American Standards go for around $1200, but, if you're interested in used guitars, you should be able to pick up one for well under a grand. You could also look into Carvins - they can make excellent Strat copies, and you can customize the guitar to your preference.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Besides Fender, a good new or used Strat-style guitar can be had for @$1000 from G&L, Godin, Fernandes, Carvin, Fret-King, Dean Zelinsky Private Label, US Masters and a bunch of others.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Hey
if i put normal strings on a fender blacktop baritone and tune it normal while it be just like a normal guitar, or is the neck really that long??
greets Nathan
if you asked for a guitar that sounds like RHCP, its a strat, and i would put noiseless vintage voiced pups in it.

however, get a guitar that you like playing the best. not sure if you like starts.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)