hi, i'm buying a combo marshal tsl 122 2011 almost new one made in uk. i want to build a quiet apartment recording studio rig and want to use a gt10 combined with the tsl for all my guitar tone needs. so i want to to know about the tsl emulated out recording quality? i cant afford micing equipments and dont want to use all multi fx tones instead of ube amp. so canany one tell me about tsl emulated out quality please? or maybe a recorded sample or youtube video link?
thanks
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
The DI is not that great in the JCM2000 amps

If you want a good recorded tone, an ISO box might be the best idea. Or get a load box and a decent cab sim program
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Since you're compromising anyway, why don't you just use the gt-10 for recording?

You could also use the pre-amplifier of the tsl, try putting it into the effects loop of the gt-10 and hear how it sounds like.

I think further buys aren't that needed for you with the boss avaiable..
i haven't bought gt10 yet. just bought the tsl. going to ell my gnx4 and buy gt10.i love gnx4 but it doesnt have fx loop. as i understood gt10 have amp control switch which is not available in better units like pod hd500.so you say gt10+my tsl a good ultimate setup? or buy another unit instead like rp1000 or hd500?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
I am in a situation pretty similar to yours- i have a tube combo laney ironheart and the gt-10. Now i'm using the amp for live playing and practising, the gt-10 on its own for recording, and i have to say it's pretty convincing for that purpose.

You may be interested into the 4cm cable setup, where by using both the effects loop of the gt-10 and your amplifier's, you are able to switch between using the gt 10 preamp model and the tsl's one. Look it up!
Quote by james.hetfield
i haven't bought gt10 yet. just bought the tsl. going to ell my gnx4 and buy gt10.i love gnx4 but it doesnt have fx loop. as i understood gt10 have amp control switch which is not available in better units like pod hd500.so you say gt10+my tsl a good ultimate setup? or buy another unit instead like rp1000 or hd500?

The POD HD has better amp sims and FX than the Boss.

Like was said maybe use the MFX to record with and use the TSL and the MFX for live use
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Nov 5, 2013,
so finally get pod hd500 or gt10? :| better integrity of gt10 with tsl or more quality of hd500 effects?
what was in my thought was having various tones under my foot like having a midi foot switch (a micro petrucci style rig ) using gt10 amp channel control ability and make various tones using gt10 fx and tsl tube power
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Quote by james.hetfield
so finally get pod hd500 or gt10? :| better integrity of gt10 with tsl or more quality of hd500 effects?
what was in my thought was having various tones under my foot like having a midi foot switch (a micro petrucci style rig ) using gt10 amp channel control ability and make various tones using gt10 fx and tsl tube power

The POD HD500 will control MIDI functions also. Better sims, better fx and MIDI sounds like a win to me
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Actually, GT 10 has midi as well. That said, i never tried the hd500 so can't comment on its amps, but since you have your amp you can use its preamp and ignore those of these pedalboards. Also, I think the differences between the effects of the two can't be that big.
To me, the gt-10 does its job for the purposes of recording and as a backup for "tube" failures.

Try them both!