Page 1 of 3
Why brush them before you eat breakfast? Like, literally minutes before eating food?

I only brush them after.
no, i brush after i eat whenever i can, i also brush them as soon as I get up
BAD FOR UR TEETH. Please only brush them before breakfast.

Thank you

- your teeth

edit: expounding: the enamel on your teeth gets weaker or something after you eat because your food is usually slightly acidic, so when you brush after eating its bad for your enamel. If you are worried about bad breath or something after eating just drink lots of water and swish it around your mouth after you eat to wash all the food remnant away.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Nov 5, 2013,
Just chew gum weirdo
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'm surprised you brush your teeth at all.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I never understand it.
Why someone would brush the teeth before having breakfast? The point of brushing them it's to clean them, and they get dirty with food. So, at least for me, after breakfast.
Why would you brush your teeth before breakfast? You've already brushed them the previous night and you haven't eaten anything since then so it's kinda pointless...
The enamel in your teeth weakens after you eat because of the acids in your food. Brushing your teeth afterwards helps to **** up your teeth.

you should wait an hour after you eat to brush.
ayy lmao
It is weird that you eat breakfast.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
guitarxo, I didn't knew the fact that you point before. I'll check a little more. But it kinda goes against logical and then your food taste horrible.
But what would hapen if you brush them half hour after?
LostLegion, when you sleep your mouth doesn't move so you have more bacterias working that during the day that you chew, talk, swallow, etc.
Brushing your teeth doesn't eliminate all bacteria from your mouth. They are there and they will multiply overnight and make your teeth feel weird and gross.

Please everyone just be nice to your teeth I really care about teeth
cat
I never brush my teeth in the morning. Only before I go to bed.

It always seemed a bit redundant to me, brushing your teeth before you go to bed, and right after you get out of bed or right after breakfast. If you know how to brush effectively, once will suffice.
Why would you brush them before?

Isn't that the whole point of brushing your teeth? To clean the shit out of your mouth and whats been stuck on your teeth after a night's rest/long day/putting food in your mouth?

I mean, that's like saying it's ok to clean your floors before you walk on them with shoes full of mud, because you just cleaned the floor. Logic? There is none.
But brushing them before breakfast = mint bacon.
Now I like bacon, but I just don't think I'm ready for that step.
I usually have a big glass of water after breakfast, then brush them.
Quote by SrThompson
guitarxo, I didn't knew the fact that you point before. I'll check a little more. But it kinda goes against logical and then your food taste horrible.
But what would hapen if you brush them half hour after?
LostLegion, when you sleep your mouth doesn't move so you have more bacterias working that during the day that you chew, talk, swallow, etc.

How does it go against logic?

Just drink some milk or something before you eat breakfast to remove the toothpaste taste.

You can wait, but it's still better to brush earlier because you already have plaque built up from the night before. So if you eat breakfast without brushing you're eating all the plaque
cat
Quote by guitarxo
So if you eat breakfast without brushing you're eating all the plaque

Thereby removing it from your teeth AND satisfying your hunger with some tasty tasty plaque
Quote by chookiecookie
The enamel in your teeth weakens after you eat because of the acids in your food. Brushing your teeth afterwards helps to **** up your teeth.

Who the hell is going to wake up an hour early so that they can brush their teeth an hour after breakfast? That's way too demanding.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by guitarxo
BAD FOR UR TEETH. Please only brush them before breakfast.

Thank you

- your teeth

edit: expounding: the enamel on your teeth gets weaker or something after you eat because your food is usually slightly acidic, so when you brush after eating its bad for your enamel. If you are worried about bad breath or something after eating just drink lots of water and swish it around your mouth after you eat to wash all the food remnant away.

This, as told to me by the hygienist. Mouthwash is fine after breakfast and is generally they only time you should use it. Using mouthwash straight after brushing removes the beneficial effects of the toothpaste.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Baby Joel
Why brush them before you eat breakfast? Like, literally minutes before eating food?

I only brush them after.

This.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarxo
So just brush before OMG YOU DISGUSTING TOOTHED PEOPLE.

My dentist says that my oral hygiene is fine.

Edit: Being british, that's probably not saying much.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 5, 2013,
*joke about British people and teeth*
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Anyone who doesn't brush before breakfast is disgusting in my opinion sorry I can't help it
cat
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Edit: Being british, that's probably not saying much.

Mine just said my oral hygiene is exemplary
Quote by guitarxo
So just brush before OMG YOU DISGUSTING TOOTHED PEOPLE.

Are you a dentist?

I take care of my teeth according to what I know, my dentist never told me that.

It's like Stewie Griffin says, why you would trust in someone that lives thanks to your bad teeth.
I am not a dentist. I wish I was though because I love teeth and I love my dentist.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
I am not a dentist. I wish I was though because I love teeth and I love my dentist.

My dentist is amazing too. I've had the same dentist for most of my life, and he says that my oral hygiene record is good. The worst I've ever needed is a bit of scaling, which is nothing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
My dentist is amazing too. I've had the same dentist for most of my life, and he says that my oral hygiene record is good. The worst I've ever needed is a bit of scaling, which is nothing.

I like it when people like their dentists

I have quite a few fillings because when I was little I'd fall asleep with chocolate milk in my mouth. Haven't had any for about 10 years though, recently I had to get a few replaced but nbd.
cat
Quote by chookiecookie

Of course the whitening toothpaste with peroxide that everyone use is definitely a good option to use before eating. So that when you down your acidic orange juice and eat your toast with ****ing sweet jam on it, your enamel has already been thinned by the peroxide in the toothpaste you used to brush your teeth before eating. Nice move.

Seriously guys, like my skin gets worn out if I take a shower after working out, why do you think I shower before going to the gym and just stay a greasy **** for the rest of the day?
Quote by metalblaster

Seriously guys, like my skin gets worn out if I take a shower after working out, why do you think I shower before going to the gym and just stay a greasy **** for the rest of the day?

because you are gross
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
because you are gross

This wtf.

ITT: guitarxo would probably turn down this guy:

If he brushes after breakfast.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Nov 5, 2013,
Seems like a waste of toothpaste. I only brush my teeth when I get up and before I go to bed. I'll floss or have a mint throughout the day though. I like flossing. My mouth feels really clean after I do it.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
This thread is making me rethink my brushing habits. I don't know what to believe in anymore.
In the morning I chew gum, only brush in the evening.

edit:
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Last edited by Guodlca at Nov 5, 2013,
chewing gum in the morning instead of brushing is such a college-kid thing to do
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Page 1 of 3