Poll: WHO'S WITH ME???
Poll Options
View poll results: WHO'S WITH ME???
#teamvictormeldrew DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THIS!
15 21%
#teamflashbangfags I BLOW UP WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT
33 46%
#teampredictable OP IS A FAG
24 33%
Voters: 72.
Page 1 of 3
So it's bonfire night in the UK and it sounds like the goddamn Somme outside. I've come to the conclusion that the public sale of fireworks is bullshit.

I like a huge impressive firework display as much as anyone, but the crappy wheeeeeee-pop fireworks that most of the public buy are utterly pointless. In fact, most fireworks within the budget of the average person are pointless. Go to a proper display if you want to see some real fireworks.

I say fireworks should only be sold to licenced displayers, and there should be set times when it's ok to display them. Say, between 6pm and 10pm on 5th November, between 11pm and 1am over New Year's, and at any other exceptional event (which you'd have to apply for.)

Set them off any other time and you lose you licence.

If you don't have a licence, you get bummed by whatever law applies to possession of any other explosive device.

If you want to talk about rights, surely the rights of flashbangfags are outweighed by the rights of hundreds of others in the surrounding area that are forced to endure this nonsense not only tonight, but also for weeks leading up to it?

What about the rights of parents not to have babies woken up every two minutes?

The rights of pet owners not to have their fuzzy mates scared shitless all night?

The rights of shift-workers to catch some z's at any time of the day or night?

What say you?

EDIT: Goddamnit, typo in the poll, go home!
Last edited by Johnny_Ibanez at Nov 5, 2013,
Weeeeeee pop
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
as irritating as fire works at "inappropriate" times are, i say let people do it.

if they started banning stuff because i was annoyed at other people doing it, no one would be allowed to do anything
They shouldn't be banned because I'm not boring.

And if they do ban it, they should extend halloween to make up for it.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by soundgarden1986
as irritating as fire works at "inappropriate" times are, i say let people do it.

if they started banning stuff because i was annoyed at other people doing it, no one would be allowed to do anything

I'm not saying ban them. Just control the distribution of them.
if the sounds of fireworks causes you or your pets to be startled/lose sleep than there is something wrong on your end.

The rights of shift-workers? Anybody who mows their lawn or has a dog that barks should be fined. :sarcasm:

what a shit forum. oh look at us we can make shit threads about nothing we are so cool.
Someone post that gif of fireworks exploding into the shape of a massive dick
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

oh i didnt really read closely learning a song atm
I remember I stayed up and watched the American election in 2012 and Obama was announced victor a little after 4am here, and then as soon as the BBC announced it, within 20 seconds, somebody from the jakey, scummy flats quite near mine let off fireworks. It was hilarious.
Pretty sure there are control methods on when they can be sold now anyway.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/31873/10-1043-fireworks-retailers-guide.pdf
Yup.

But no, I don't think banning them to the public would be a good idea. I kinda like the free display from my window. Also it would probably encourage the people putting on the proper displays to put their prices up.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I had about 10 people in my bedroom at my parents and one of them was playing with a huge roman candle, the dick head (sorta by accident because he was stoned and flicking the lighter near the wick) lit it and yelled and threw it to my good friend who was so fast at catching and pulling the wick out, saved our asses and the house. both are dead now though....lol, miss the guy who saved the day though, hung himself over some stupid bitch when he was 18, RIP Skinny.
Quote by Tempoe
I had about 10 people in my bedroom at my parents and one of them was playing with a huge roman candle, the dick head (sorta by accident because he was stoned and flicking the lighter near the wick) lit it and yelled and threw it to my good friend who was so fast at catching and pulling the wick out, saved our asses and the house. both are dead now though....lol, miss the guy who saved the day though, hung himself over some stupid bitch when he was 18, RIP Skinny.

lol, we are the only state around here that allows it so we get a lot of business on the border for that. Soooooo... 'merica
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
lol, we are the only state around here that allows it so we get a lot of business on the border for that. Soooooo... 'merica
Also Sunday liquor sales.
They're banned here most of the time. People just cross the state border, buy them, and come back with boatloads of 'em.
Check out my band Disturbed
I think they should be more controlled in who can buy them just to stop the amount off ass hats misusing them. It wouldn't be the first time some random idiot has gotten too close to me, waving a firework in my face or trying to use it as some kind of weapon. Where my friend lives, this kind of stuff is apparently a lot more worse/common as well and he lives in a much better neighborhood than I do.

It wouldn't stop this shit from happening but, it would definitely cut down on it a lot. Most of the people who do this lack the brainpower to attain fireworks if they weren't sold in local shops.

Then there are the idiots who are still setting them off in broad daylight...I mean, you can't even see them, they are obviously just trying to be friggin' annoying...
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I say fireworks should only be sold to licenced displayers, and there should be set times when it's ok to display them. Say, between 6pm and 10pm on 5th November, between 11pm and 1am over New Year's, and at any other exceptional event (which you'd have to apply for.)

You do realise there are already laws like this?

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law

You must not set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am. The exceptions are:

Bonfire Night, when the cut off is midnight
New Year’s Eve, Diwali and Chinese New Year, when the cut off is 1am

You can only buy fireworks (including sparklers) from registered sellers for private use on these dates: 15 October to 10 November 26 to 31 December 3 days before Diwali and Chinese New Year
Quote by seanlang01
Also Sunday liquor sales.

Yeah, that's because of those damn puritans. I can at least see the reasonable arguments against fireworks.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
lol, no
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I buy proper fireworks that are similar to the ones you see done professionally. Given, not nearly as many and not as good, but similar.
Quote by StewieSwan
They're banned here most of the time. People just cross the state border, buy them, and come back with boatloads of 'em.

Then your state misses out on all that sales tax revenue it could be making. Michigan banned fireworks that left the ground for years
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
What the **** is bonfire night? Compensation for the 4th of July?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

You're saying they should only allowed be at certain times. So, ban them except during November 5th and New Years. You're also saying people need a license for them.

I say...just because you dislike fireworks doesn't mean others should be restricted in how often or when they can use them.
you sound like a crotchety old man.

invest in some ear plugs, old man.

go **** yourself, if you aren't too old to do such things.
banned
Huh, I forgot it was bonfire night. No wonder I could hear loads of fireworks and saw someone set their shed on fire.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I partially agree.
Fireworks are incredibly dangerous. They have not only the capacity to severely injure someone, but also to kill people when used incorrectly.
I definitely think fireworks should be treated like guns are treated. They're kind of the same thing if you think about it....just...different.
So, you need to go through extensive training to get your license to then go out and buy a gun. This should happen with fireworks. This will cause much less fireworks to be bought, and a much lower percentage of stupid people with powerful things. However, the percentage of stupid people will not change at all.
However, many people will lose their jobs because of this, but f*ck those people
Love,
Sunshine.
Quote by bradulator

Ever heard that rhyme ?

Remember remember, the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder, Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holla boys, Holla boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
And what should we do with him? Burn him!

Bonfire Night celebrates this moment in English history. Today it's an excuse for Warner Bros. to make more money on Guy Fawkes masks and for people to buy fireworks.
Quote by bradulator

It's when we celebrate the Anonymous guy from V For Vendetta getting executed for trying to blow up parliament and kill the king.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You're saying they should only allowed be at certain times. So, ban them except during November 5th and New Years. You're also saying people need a license for them.

I say...just because you dislike fireworks doesn't mean others should be restricted in how often or when they can use them.

I don't dislike responsible use of fireworks. Just the sale of them to irresponsible slackjaws that let them off whenever they like. One guy sets a firework off because he likes it, hundreds of people in the surrounding area just have to put up with it whether they like it or not. What about the babies and the doggies, Sam? WHAT ABOUT THE BABY DOGGIES?

Quote by deadsmileyface
you sound like a crotchety old man.

I do, because I am.

Quote by SunshineMusicO

However, many people will lose their jobs because of this, but f*ck those people

Most are imported and sold in shops that sell other things anyway. I don't think it'd have that much effect.
Last edited by Johnny_Ibanez at Nov 5, 2013,
Quote by bradulator

It's when we burn effigies of the Pope and Guy Fawkes on big bonfire and get drunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwhxqimPZ0
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I don't dislike responsible use of fireworks. Just the sale of them to irresponsible slackjaws that let them off whenever they like. One guy sets a firework off because he likes it, hundreds of people in the surrounding area just have to put up with it whether they like it or not. What about the babies and the doggies, Sam? WHAT ABOUT THE BABY DOGGIES?

How do you know they're being irresponsible?
Quote by a_7_x
I remember I stayed up and watched the American election in 2012 and Obama was announced victor a little after 4am here, and then as soon as the BBC announced it, within 20 seconds, somebody from the jakey, scummy flats quite near mine let off fireworks. It was hilarious.

Glad you approved.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
How do you know they're being irresponsible?

Because they're going off at irresponsible times (like now, it's midnight here and it's still going on) and hundreds of people, mostly children, are injured every year (source) by them.

I see no reason why an individual needs to buy them when they can enjoy a better and safer spectacle at an organised display.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Because they're going off at irresponsible times (like now, it's midnight here and it's still going on) and hundreds of people, mostly children, are injured every year (source) by them.

I see no reason why an individual needs to buy them when they can enjoy a better and safer spectacle at an organised display.

1) It's Guy Fawkes Night. Lots of people are still up at midnight. However, I assume there's probably a city ordinance where it's actually illegal for people to fire them off after a certain time.
2) You shouldn't blame everyone because people are stupid and let their kids play with fireworks.
fireworks are lame and gay

ban em'
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Page 1 of 3