Hello guys. I've got an issue with my guitar neck.

My guitar is schecter diammond FR 6 and i got it about 2 years and didnt hit it anywere and never dropped down but somehow i dont know my Guitars neck is moving.

My screws are screwed hard but its still moving.

After long thinking i placed stucco in halls and scewed them again and w8ing for stucco to get dry.

Did i well or bad?
If your saying the screw holes are stripped and not holding, you should plug them with wood and glue, then drill the holes again. Stucco will not do anything useful....

Probably a job for a tech.
Quite simply, take it to a guitar tech. Guitar necks are something that you really don't want to mess with unless you 100% know what you're doing. Phone your local guitar shop and they should have a tech.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by D_M_I
If your saying the screw holes are stripped and not holding, you should plug them with wood and glue, then drill the holes again. Stucco will not do anything useful....

Probably a job for a tech.

No holes were like when i bought it. Just the holes on Body are bigger than holes on neck so scews are passing the body easily and get screwed in neck that has normal holes and then with presure between tape and neck it keeps then neck on body. But somehow when i push stongly the neck up or down its moving 1-2mm coz somehow its sliding from tape and body.

Here a photo explaination coz i cant speak english very well.

Quote by Mephaphil
/Thread.

1st of all i wanna learn to fix thing my onw.
2nd i dont wanna pay Techs.

so ur advice is just useless. If u cant give me the answer i ask just dont.

For exaple someone want to make a cake and asking others how to do it, the useless answer that u would give, would be go and buy it from supermarket or something like that,

So pls stop to annoy me. Give answer i need or if u havent just dont. U are not more intelligent than me, i could send it to Tech by me own and wouldnt ask what to do in forums.
Last edited by Dalhazar at Nov 6, 2013,
Like someone else said, sounds like the holes have been stripped. You probably tightened the screw too much which stripped it. And if I understand correctly you used stucco of some sort? That's no good.

The cheap okay fix is fill the holes with tooth picks and wood glue, let harden then sand it flat, re-drill the holes, and don't over tighten the screws when putting it back together.

The other cheap okay fix is find a slightly larger diameter screw to use, and again... don't over tighten it.

The professional fix is drill out the hole big enough for a maple/walnut 'plug' (wood grain runs same direction as neck wood), glue in the plug, sand level, re-drill holes, etc. etc.
No no i didnt stripped the holes. The holes on body are too much bigger than holes on Neck, it was like that when i bought guitar.

All guitar are like that. So i filled the holes of body with stucco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUuwZpDrsm0

Check this video on 0:42 as u can see the both part holes of guitar (body and neck) are screwed. On mine guitar Holes of body has x3 diametre of neck holes and it was like that from then i bought the guitar.
Last edited by Dalhazar at Nov 6, 2013,
Try to get the strongest wood filler you can find.. Fill the holes and then drill new holes . I mean it seems more than straight forward. I have used Ronseal High performance wood filler and it was pretty good. Car filler would be a good alternative. Don't use normal wood filler or anything like that as it won't be strong enough.
Quote by kingking22
Try to get the strongest wood filler you can find.. Fill the holes and then drill new holes . I mean it seems more than straight forward. I have used Ronseal High performance wood filler and it was pretty good. Car filler would be a good alternative. Don't use normal wood filler or anything like that as it won't be strong enough.

The strongest wood filler i found was Wood Stucco(didnt search much)... I filled holes and tightened screws
and let it to dry. I dont wanna risk to open holes again on guitar coz i dont have right tools to do that.

Ill see if wood stucco wont work will clean the holes and will use the wood filler that u told me but i think wood stucco and the wood filler u advice me are same things.
I would (doing two at a time to keep the holes properly aligned) glue a dowel in the holes and re drill.

Plug two holes. Get a length of dowel near the size of the holes. Drill (again only two at first) the holes out to match the dowel pin so they slide through but not too loose. Glue them in and let them dry. Sand the ends flush. Put neck on with the plate and the two screws you left open.

Then drill small pilot holes, using the plate as a guide. Don't go all the way through or you could mess up the threaded neck holes. Do your best to get the plate so it's centered over the holes in the neck and center the small pilot hole.

Remove the neck and drill to proper size. Then attach neck to verify they fit. Go small at first, then enlarge as needed.

Repeat that with the other two.

I want add, I take no responsibility if you mess anything up.
Quote by D_M_I
I would (doing two at a time to keep the holes properly aligned) glue a dowel in the holes and re drill.

Plug two holes. Get a length of dowel near the size of the holes. Drill (again only two at first) the holes out to match the dowel pin so they slide through but not too loose. Glue them in and let them dry. Sand the ends flush. Put neck on with the plate and the two screws you left open.

Then drill small pilot holes, using the plate as a guide. Don't go all the way through or you could mess up the threaded neck holes. Do your best to get the plate so it's centered over the holes in the neck and center the small pilot hole.

Remove the neck and drill to proper size. Then attach neck to verify they fit. Go small at first, then enlarge as needed.

Repeat that with the other two.

I want add, I take no responsibility if you mess anything up.

Thx dude your idea was good. Ill try it

Finaly someone gave a solution to my problem .
Quote by Dalhazar
1st of all i wanna learn to fix thing my onw.
2nd i dont wanna pay Techs.

so ur advice is just useless. If u cant give me the answer i ask just dont.

For exaple someone want to make a cake and asking others how to do it, the useless answer that u would give, would be go and buy it from supermarket or something like that,

So pls stop to annoy me. Give answer i need or if u havent just dont. U are not more intelligent than me, i could send it to Tech by me own and wouldnt ask what to do in forums.

With that crappy attitude, you should probably go and join another forum.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
With that crappy attitude, you should probably go and join another forum.

Noone asked ur advice

and who are u to judge me ? I asked advice about guitars not what u thing about my attitube.

So i cut it here coz u went me out of topic.
Seriously? People are trying to help you, and advising you to find a tech because an amateur's approach could seriously damage your guitar (maybe even beyond repair). And you are giving them shit? Not cool bro.

D_M_I's advise is sound though, but I would still advise you to at least talk to a professional before taking these drastic steps yourself. Again, you could damage your guitar beyond repair.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
I wouldn't be filling and drilling any holes on the body. The holes are supposed to be bigger for the bolts don't bind on the body while securing the neck. Otherwise the bolt can be tight before the neck is actually secured tight to the body. If the holes are to small and that happens then you got to drill the holes on the body bigger. It also gives you extra play to be able to align your neck properly with the strings/bridge.

Since your holes on the body are bigger than the screws you should be fine and not have to worry about them. Just leave them alone. I think your problem is either you have something in the neck pocket keeping the neck from getting full solid contact when tightened. Or it could be paint in the pocket that's just making it slippery. Or you're just pushing on the neck way to hard and that's why it's moving. No matter how secure a neck is you can still make it move if you push hard enough.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Nov 7, 2013,
Quote by Way Cool JR.

Since your holes on the body are bigger than the screws you should be fine and not have to worry about them. Just leave them alone. I think your problem is either you have something in the neck pocket keeping the neck from getting full solid contact when tightened. Or it could be paint in the pocket that's just making it slippery. Or you're just pushing on the neck way to hard and that's why it's moving. No matter how secure a neck is you can still make it move if you push hard enough.

Yes you are right i was pushing to hard the neck to move but i thought it shouldnt move anyway.

The damage is done already , i filled body holes with wood stucco and tightened screws on it but guitar its ok now nothing changed. I dont know now if i can remove screws again if ill need latter to get off the neck but anyway i wont need to do this for looooooong time.

* I understand that ppl here trying to help me but its realy rediculous when they
they are saying me something i already know
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I wouldn't be filling and drilling any holes on the body. The holes are supposed to be bigger for the bolts don't bind on the body while securing the neck. Otherwise the bolt can be tight before the neck is actually secured tight to the body. If the holes are to small and that happens then you got to drill the holes on the body bigger. It also gives you extra play to be able to align your neck properly with the strings/bridge.

Yes, they need to be slightly bigger, but seems they are huge.

OP, You could also try a washer under the screw heads as well. You may just not be getting them tight enough if they are bottoming out. Is the plate and/or screws original? Maybe it's thinner than it should be or the screws are too long?
The screws are main , i didnt change them. And the holes on body arent slightly bigger are so big that scews passing through and are x2-3 bigger diametre.