Page 3 of 4
Quote by whywefight
this is probably the guiltiest i've ever felt liking a song. terrible song structure, yet oddly awesome.

I like the lyrics in Metallica's Frantic.

"My lifestyle determines my deathstyle" is a badass line.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Nov 6, 2013,
metal i guess

its pretty awful and i still sorta vaguely like it a little sometimes
Quote by Mr E Meat
metal i guess

its pretty awful and i still sorta vaguely like it a little sometimes

you do realize youre on UG? saying you like metal on this site is like Luke Skywalker saying hes always stressed out around the emperor

youll just get people saying "yesssss, gooood. feel the hatred flow through you. cooomme to the dark sideee…"
Quote by pAWNlol
you do realize youre on UG? saying you like metal on this site is like Luke Skywalker saying hes always stressed out around the emperor

youll just get people saying "yesssss, gooood. feel the hatred flow through you. cooomme to the dark sideee…"

Except that UG actually has a boner for post-rock.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

well yeah, i didnt say metal was the only thing we like. just saying theres a LOT of metalheads here that will just encourage him lol
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I think that's just like 3 people. Metal does gets shat on though.

Aren't eletronic music, hip hop and punk-stuff the in-things to like now? And preferably the most not-popular-enough-for-Bandcamp artists of its type.
Quote by frankv

Aren't eletronic music, hip hop and punk-stuff the in-things to like now? And preferably the most not-popular-enough-for-Bandcamp artists of its type.

Nah, it's just the bradbrigade that like that stuff. Most people here like some form of Metal, Hardcore, or Post-Rock. The people who piss on it are just really loud.

I don't really have a guilty pleasure, unless you count Disney songs like "I'll make a man out of you".
Madonna's 2005 album, Confessions On A Dance Floor. The bass gets me.
"It's better to be kind. Being clever or good looking is subjective. Kindness is essential" - Ricky Gervais
Quote by frankv

Nah nigga, there's a lot of post-rock fans here.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Nah, it's just the bradbrigade that like that stuff. Most people here like some form of Metal, Hardcore, or Post-Rock. The people who piss on it are just really loud.

I don't really have a guilty pleasure, unless you count Disney songs like "I'll make a man out of you".

Aye. Guess I'm a little out of touch with the common UG man then.

Anyway, I usually listen to alt, rock and jazz stuff, along with some stuff that's just undeniably cool. There are a lot of awfully excellent and creative musicians among that bunch and sometimes I feel a little guilty about my favourite band, which is Pearl Jam, because they're not that great compared to all the others. Sometimes parts of their songs just sound kinda amateurish and awkward, as though they could have been done so much better by others. They've got heart and the naivity is part of what I like about them, but still I sometimes feel as though I'm disrespecting better musicians for not liking them better.

It's silly, I know.
Quote by pAWNlol
well, my reason for stating that UG loves metal is that about 50% of the articles in the "news" section is about metal

The people who mostly seem to use the front page and tabs seem to be quite different from the people who only frequent the forums, strangely enough. Also, maybe the writers haven't adapted to a shift in musical interest yet.
Quote by frankv

Aren't eletronic music, hip hop and punk-stuff the in-things to like now?

the punk forum is like deaaaaaad

i think i killed it
Thinking of this thread as an unpopular opinion thread, I really dig reanimation by linkin park. Haven't listened to it in a while but I use it as inspiration. Other than than my musical tastes are still the same. Bands with highly skilled guitar players no questions asked. Unless it's classical or jazz. In which case piano or drummers.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Thinking of this thread as an unpopular opinion thread, I really dig reanimation by linkin park. Haven't listened to it in a while but I use it as inspiration. Other than than my musical tastes are still the same. Bands with highly skilled guitar players no questions asked. Unless it's classical or jazz. In which case piano or drummers.

WHAT. Who doesn't like Reanimation? I'm a pretty big Linkin Park fan, but that is my favorite LP album.
Quote by frankv
The people who mostly seem to use the front page and tabs seem to be quite different from the people who only frequent the forums, strangely enough. Also, maybe the writers haven't adapted to a shift in musical interest yet.

fair enough, its good point. whats given by the site doesnt necessarily reflect the audience

still, theres a lot of metalheads here
Quote by jugglingfreak
Nothing wrong with Meatloaf (musically anyway, I'm not sure he's "all there" mentally anymore)

I bought "Bat Out of Hell" when it came out (second album I ever bought after Kiss - Destroyer)

Even Bat III has awesome stuff on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMcJ95lE8g0

Totally dig that song...
There's everything wrong with Meatloaf. Every word he sings is so entirely devoid of true meaning and so completely glazed with soft rock power ballad bombastic silliness that every time I listen to the songs, I have to transport myself to a padded happy place where I don't think about how inauthentic the whole experience is...

But I'm goonna make you bad for goooood.
Yeah. I hate myself.
You cannot resist it's power...

To each his own, I always thought it had authentic emotion especially songs like "Read 'em and Weep" from "Dead Ringer" (admittedly not one of his best albums..) and "Wolf at your Door" from "Midnight at the Lost and Found".

Oh well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHlnWFnA0c

There's AKB48 "Heavy Rotation".
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by psyks
There's everything wrong with Meatloaf. Every word he sings is so entirely devoid of true meaning and so completely glazed with soft rock power ballad bombastic silliness that every time I listen to the songs, I have to transport myself to a padded happy place where I don't think about how inauthentic the whole experience is...

But I'm goonna make you bad for goooood.
Yeah. I hate myself.

didnt you read the rules?

no shit-talking. be respectful or be gone!
Quote by pAWNlol
didnt you read the rules?

no shit-talking. be respectful or be gone!
Dude, I'm the one who guiltily likes Meatloaf. Those are the reasons I should like it... But.

I want you to cryyyy over me, diiieee over me baby, just one tiiiime.

I sing along to every song and sometimes make an emotion fist with one hand that I move in and out of my heart, and hold another hand open to hold up for the high notes.
Quote by jugglingfreak
Oh well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHlnWFnA0c

There's AKB48 "Heavy Rotation".

I was watching this on mute, and then it got to where they were in the bathtub kissing.

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I was watching this on mute, and then it got to where they were in the bathtub kissing.

im only 20 seconds in and i already love it lol
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Nah, it's just the bradbrigade that like that stuff.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Man, this is embarassing but taken by a stranger - lena mayer landrut.

I think I just like electropop/whatever genre that song is.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by pAWNlol
ill admit one of mine is periphery. i used to talk soooo much shit on djent (other than tesseract), and sure as shit i end up buying a cd
I've never really understood the hate some have for djent. There are some really diverse bands in that movement. All I ever hear is "Meshuggah Clone" when most of them sound very little like Meshuggah or in the case of Periphery, more like Sikth (and still quite different).
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
I've never really understood the hate some have for djent. There are some really diverse bands in that movement. All I ever hear is "Meshuggah Clone" when most of them sound very little like Meshuggah or in the case of Periphery, more like Sikth (and still quite different).

well obviously, just like anything else, its not the genre but the artist; most would say rap sucks compared to metal, but id listen to beastie boys over hatebreed any day

and my reason for hating djent: technically i dont. djent has an unusually high percentage of bland artists, but the genre itself isnt bad

i only say "i dont like it" because its a lot easier than saying "i dont hate djent, but theres just a large number of bands that write bland music, making the genre as a whole relatively unappealing to me"
I usually listen to a lot of technical death/thrash and some 80's and 90's hard rock/metal but I occasionally go outside that box. I like some songs by this all girls k-pop group called "Girls Generation". How I go from Revocation to k-pop is beyond me. But I feel no shame. Some of these k-pop girls have some real talent. Come at me.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Although I normally listen to more melodic music, I really do enjoy nu metal.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by Thrill-house
If I like a band I'll listen to them and not really care what anybody else thinks.

I'd normally say this but...Default, Theory of a Deadman, Burn Season and every other "Nickelback cloning" post-grunge band...I loves me some post-grunge