So I'm getting my first electric sometime next month, and I've narrowed it down to 2 models. The ESP LTD Viper 1000 and the Jackson X series Rhoads RRXMG. I've been playing acoustic up until now and want to get myself an electric. I'm definitely going to try both at a guitar shop but just wanted everyone's opinion. I mostly want to play Classic Rock such as AC/DC, Van Halen and old school Metal like Judas Priest and Megadeth (so a 22 fret guitar is out of the question). Pickups won't be a problem though since I'm willing to change them to a Dimarzio SD. The amp I'll be playing through will be a Marshall MG15cd since I'll only be playing in my room. Other than the pickups, what should I expect from both? Is the Rhoads V comfy to play while sitting down? How's the neck on the Viper? That sort of stuff, thanks!
I'm not saying this just because it's obligatory.

But really you really need a new amp.

That being said, I say get the LTD.
I feel like this is trolling for some odd reason. But whatever. If anything, get a less expensive guitar and a better amp.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

no one on ug uses anything less than a 60 watt tube amp to practice in their room
So you don't even play guitar, yet, but you somehow care about the pickups being EMGs? And possibly swapping them for super distorions? Like, seriously.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Mr E Meat
no one on ug uses anything less than a 60 watt tube amp to practice in their room

It is true. I have a 100w Twin Reverb in my room.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
you really do need a new amp. you'll get more helpful responses on the electric guitar forum by the way. just so you know.
banned
I'm pretty sure Angus prefers a Gibson

Also, you can keep the amp.

What you really need is a smaller room.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by damian_91
So you don't even play guitar, yet, but you somehow care about the pickups being EMGs? And possibly swapping them for super distorions? Like, seriously.

Where in his post does it say that he doesn't play guitar? It says he doesn't own a guitar. He's clearly been playing guitar previously and undoubtedly has experience with playing on some electric guitars.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Nov 6, 2013,
Quote by Mr E Meat

Fact. I use a 60w 6505+ to practice - my other amps are stowed away at the moment.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Mr E Meat

Team 100w-tube-halfstack-in-apartment-building FTW!

...thank god I no longer live in one though.

I also smell a troll post but I'll humor you anyway. Out of those two choices get the LTD. Simply because there is no tremolo and you wont need one for long time. *edit* In case you are a beginner that is. *edit2* I missed the acoustic part. Still, I'd rather get a hard-tail. They are much less of an hassle when you experiment with different tunings and string gauges.

And for the love of God dont get MG. Rather get 300-400 serie hard-tail LTD (Or Jackson) and put money towards better amp. A good modeler like Vypyr 30 for example.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Nov 6, 2013,
how quietly do you have to play in your room?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?